650cc 111hp 4cylnder trike ?

GoldenMotor.com

rich4240

Jun 6, 2012
lefroy
So I can get a 600cc motor that pushes 106whp at 300km/h in a go cart was thinking about building a trike with 2x2 tue 1/4" wall and cr500 weels on the rear

Any thoughts or ideas

Last edited:

CR500AF

May 20, 2012
Ontarieo
richard the go kart frame the engine came from is 8g and 10g steel and you want 1/4'' tubing ? are you driving throw walls ?

the go kart frame was able to take full drag lucnchs till i slid in to that curb 140kph one day lol

its only 100hp it has a lot of twisting force to the left but as for twisting the force up its not going to be bending frames even bicycle frames if braced proper, make sure the engine is the load spiter across all of the mounts and there won't be much force.

if you want you can cut the old engine mounts i made off the cart if you grind the weld off after

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
that uhh... sounds like a good way to get killed :-\ not trying to sound pessimistic, I'm a big fan of speed myself, but 60kph is kinda crazy for me on a bicycle, I feel 80-100 would be pushing it, but you want to take 100hp off of a 250-500lb frame... and put it on a 75lb bike (or... trike)? That'd be a **** of a rush.

Last edited:

CR500AF

May 20, 2012
Ontarieo
that uhh... sounds like a good way to get killed :-\ not trying to sound pessimistic, I'm a big fan of speed myself, but 60kph is kinda crazy for me on a bicycle, I feel 80-100 would be pushing it, but you want to take 100hp off of a 250-500lb frame... and put it on a 75lb bike (or... trike)? That'd be a **** of a rush.
I had it in a rotax sifter cart frame.

its a 04 cbr600 engine

i use to just boot the thing around town at wot in evergear and the tire turn round like rc tires but not to that extream but pretty dam round

one day i was sliding around a bend and went to far then counter steard and pinned it and i smashed a curb at 140 and bent the frame soo...... also the engine has some bigend rod problems, it has a slight kocking at idea and the vavles have bin shimed so many time from over reving and beating the **** out of it

it still runs great but needs:

crank rebuild
gasket set
seal kit

and just cause its apart why get some pistons and rings and check all the barring

im going to far

im giving him a good running power full engine with perfect conpression for his trikeusflg

rich4240

Jun 6, 2012
lefroy
Right now the bike I ride will hit 120km/h

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
Can hardly be a high performance tips for bicycle engines, Feels more like a crazy build, that will never be built.
If it is built, it should be below forum section Motorized Tandem, Trikes and Recumbents