Replacement Chain

GoldenMotor.com

Felix

Mar 26, 2012
Texas, USA.
I need to order a replacement chain for my kit. My cruiser's tire size is 26x2.125 Going to order the #415 heavy duty chain. I think I read somewhere that the chain might rub one the tire. Is this the right chain to order? Other chains? Thanks .crt.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I need to order a replacement chain for my kit. My cruiser's tire size is 26x2.125 Going to order the #415 heavy duty chain. I think I read somewhere that the chain might rub one the tire. Is this the right chain to order? Other chains? Thanks .crt.
The #41 chain is the super wide super heavy duty chain, 415H chain has a thinner more "normal" width but has heavy duty plates and should be plenty strong. #41 runs fine for me, but it is wide, it would be the more likely chain to rub. If your kit chain clears the 415H should clear for you as well, the #41 needs a little extra clearance...

Felix

Mar 26, 2012
Texas, USA.
The #41 chain is the super wide super heavy duty chain, 415H chain has a thinner more "normal" width but has heavy duty plates and should be plenty strong. #41 runs fine for me, but it is wide, it would be the more likely chain to rub. If your kit chain clears the 415H should clear for you as well, the #41 needs a little extra clearance...
The chain the came with the kit did clear the tire(barley). So the #415H would be the right choice. Tried ordering the chain from gasbike.net but the chain specs says its for 4-cycle engine or newer grubee engines. Mine engine kit is a 2011 grubee. Will the #415H work on my 2-cycle engine kit. Thanks.crt.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
410H chain is the narrowest chain to use on MB's... (it's BMX chain).
I use a 410H chain on my race bike (for extra tire clearance) without any problems. ;)
You should make sure that it will fit both sprockets first; ( it's too narrow to fit on many after market rear sprockets).

Last edited:

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
If any of these give you issues, get a rear sprocket adapter (like the one from Manic Mechanic) and you can adjust where where your rear sprocket is. That will allow you to clear the tire either way. Just don't adjust it too much where you're way off and your chain isn't straight.

Hope it works out for you, though..

patricklogsdon

Jul 9, 2012
Louisville KY
Felix, I ordered the HD 415 replacement chain from Thatsdax.com and was very impressed. First with how fast I got it, and with the chain itself. It truely is HD, but it fits on my 66/80cc engine w/no problem. It is very, very close to my tire, and throws a little oil and grease on the whitewall, but I can live with it.
Hope this helps.
[email protected]