In case Debbie does Houston

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I pulled my emergency generator out of the shed today and ran it for about 30 minutes. Tropical storm Debbie is in the Gulf so it's time to prepare for hurricane season. I hadn't started the generator for two years, so I was very relieved when it fired up.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Debbie was my ex wife's name. If the storm is anything like here...you're in for it. Take cover immediately!!!! And call a good lawyer. :)

Tom

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i had an ex girlfriend named Katrina. at the time i was fed up with her shenanigans, Hurricane Katrina hit.

so, i let katrina the girl stay at my house while i went to new orleans to clean up the mess katrina the hurricane did to verizon's cell sites.

then i came home and kicked katrina the girl outta my house. all i wanted her to do was water the lawn. i mean, katrina the hurricane did an amazing job of watering all the lawns in new orleans, i figured katrina the girl could move the little circular sprinkler on the end of the hose twice a day.

nope. when i got home i had a nice circle of grass in my backyard, and the rest was dead.

that's the last stripper i'll ever date (until the next one...:))

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
I pulled my emergency generator out of the shed today and ran it for about 30 minutes. Tropical storm Debbie is in the Gulf so it's time to prepare for hurricane season. I hadn't started the generator for two years, so I was very relieved when it fired up.
2 years is a long time. Did you put an electrical load on the generator to verify output? I had a small camping generator lose its field from storage during winter. I now run and check output on my 1000w and 3000w generators once a month.