Cafe Racer

GoldenMotor.com

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
Yea I coversed it with my wife's yoga mat( don't tell her)it will be done in leather when it's finished it started out on a sting ray I liked the pan and the bar but hated the seat so that's how it started. Later Bob

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
my whizzer ambassador has a seat and bar kinda like that.. I always liked the seats on stingray and playboy bikes years ago too....banana seats I guess....was always comfy to slide back and take a new position

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
Well she's comming along slowly finised and mounted the tank today.Been pedeling this one getting used to it .rides nice, Later Bob

Attachments

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
IT'S ALIVE! got her rolling and she runs had a few bugs and glitchs but she's a runnin.FX-2 and I copyed the chamber patterns from Jaaguars site and ran the tap out the side it is not too loud , I was very suprised any way next comes the breaking in and learning to ride for the race see you all there later Bob

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Looks real good Bob... You say cafe racer with no clip-on's

What's up... I do see you have brakes and gears...you in shape for that or should I bring the AED from work... Lol

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Alright Bob!

Congratulations on getting it road ready. I know you were concerned about finishing in time. I have to agree with Jeff though, those bars look a little high. The lower you can get on the bike, the better/deeper you can lean into the turns in my humble opinion. Is it fast? With your engine mods, I figure its got to be.

Good luck on the track, its more than fun, its like a slice of heaven.

Gilbert

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
turkman: I spy trussed rod forks with all the correct lines, have you considered additon of a leaf spring to your frontend?

Nice work btw. Like it, well played.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
That's a race bike Lab...leaf spring front end is way to heavy... I have yet to see one that sits right... They all seem to make the front end too hi...

Should be some good racing in that class... I know Turk can ride...

turkman

Nov 12, 2009
burbank,ca
Yea it didn't work out, FX moved out of town,other things needed doing, things change.
I just got my green bike running and am starting a bike I've been thinking about for a long time