Grubee Skyhawk 48cc choke/throttle problems

GoldenMotor.com

JSPyper

May 27, 2012
Arizona
Hey everyone, I've tried to find answers on this forum to the particular problems I am having with my first build, but have been unable to do so.

So, with that said, I'm grateful for any recommendations or assistance you gurus can lend me.

I got the bike running, but the throttle and choke are really unresponsive and they doesn't have much spring back. The throttle also has a similar problem, however, unlike the choke, the throttle has little to no response. It appears to be loose somehow. I've read of other people encountering similar problems, and I understand that some have had success in shortening the cable somehow.

I originally thought that perhaps I installed the springs in the carburetor incorrectly because the lack of tension/spring back that the cables exhibited.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
You probably have bends in your cables that cause resistance, re: not springing back, or maybe have the cables tied up too tight somewhere? Did you put some light weight oil down the inside of the cable before you assembled?
As for adjustments, there is a cable adjustment at the top of the carb and an other at the throttle. Sometimes these adjustments both need to be near their extreme position to remove the slack from the cable....

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
You probably have bends in your cables that cause resistance, re: not springing back, or maybe have the cables tied up too tight somewhere? Did you put some light weight oil down the inside of the cable before you assembled?
As for adjustments, there is a cable adjustment at the top of the carb and an other at the throttle. Sometimes these adjustments both need to be near their extreme position to remove the slack from the cable....
And if you can't get the slack out by adjustment, shortening the cable is a option.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
i would look at the cable in the throttle grip first,my handgrip need a little filing to make it smoother to operate,in doing so,i had to fiddle a little to get cable in place.

spring in carb is on top of slide,pushing it down when throttle is released.