New FD for my youngest

GoldenMotor.com

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
My youngest daughter wants her own gas powered bike! Her siblings rarely let her ride theirs. She told me she wanted a small light frame with 26in tires and a light engine so she could move it easily. So I took a BMX and a mountain bike both made by NEXT. I cut off the rear triangle of both bikes and put the one from the mountain bike on the BMX. swapped the forks and bars off the mountain bike onto the BMX. swapped the crank also

Attachments

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Heres a few more pics and boy is it light. Barely 20lbs as shown in last pic.As far as a bicycle its only missing cables and a chain (maybe 3 more pounds). I think I'll use a weed wacker engine to keep the weight down, Im hoping to keep it under 40 lbs with a full tank. Its gone from a single speed 20in BMX to a 18 speed 26in BMX with front suspension. As always let me know what ya think. Do you think itll be too much for an 11 y.o girl.

Attachments

pocdragon

Apr 30, 2011
RI
not to bag on you or anything, but i think you overdid it on the bike

i would have left the 20" tires and rearend, and simply swapped the front fork and put the bmx wheel on the front.

but you look like you know what your doing and it looks awesome reguardless!

but yeah a 25cc whacker with a 7/8'' shaft would be the smallest i would even concider going, otherwise she might be prone to over rev it if shes not used to it.

nice bike im sure it will scream along nicely!

that poor full suspension mountain bike