Schwinn Searcher, 70CC, SBP Shifter Kit

GoldenMotor.com

i-paint

May 24, 2008
Schwinn Searcher, 70CC, SBP Shifter Kit for Sale

For sale is A 26" Schwinn Searcher comfort bicycle with a 70cc 2 stroke engine (you add the oil to the gas). The engine connects to a Sick Bike Parts Welcome to Sick Bike Parts shifter kit which allows you to drive from the crank and use the bicycle gears. It is a jackshaft that transfers the drive to the crank of the bicycle. It has a front freewheel on the crank so when you are under power the pedals don't turn. You shift the gears just as you would if you were pedaling except the engine is doing the work. You always start in 1st gear and can shift up through all seven gears. Seventh gear is like an overdrive on this bike. If you are really on it you will be running 35-40 mph when you get through all the gears. If you like you can cruise 20-25 mph without much effort on the engine's part. This really saves on wear and tear on the engine. Plus it is a blast shifting the gears. Traditional motorized bicycles have one gear. You don't have a chain idler on this one either. The chain from the engine to the crank is the only one that is adjusted. This is done by loosen the engine mounts which clamp to the seat post and slide up and down. You adjust the chain then tighten the engine clamps . Actually, since I added the rod to hold the engine I haven't had to adjust the chain. The shifter ki is $200.00. The gears are changed with a twist shifter on the handle bar on the left. You don't use the clutch to shift. You back off the throttle, shift the gear and open the throttle again. You can downshift the same way if you come to a hill and need a lower gear. When you are ready to stop you can roll the shifter back to first because the freewheel on the front wont let the engine over rev or rev at all for that matter. It is like coasting. After you stop you are in first to take off. You must always be in first to take off. The bike wil start from a dead stop using only the clutch but I always start pedaling a little to get moving and the let the clutch out. If you keep the rpms down by using the gears there is less vibration than is usually found with a motorized bicycle. Very little at all. The gears give the engine a surprising amount of torque. It will climb some steep hills in the lower gears. The engine has a rope pull to start with the clutch pulled in or you can let the clutch out and kick start it with the pedals. If you use the latter methd you wil be moving when the engine starts.

The bicycle has front wheel suspension and rear suspension on the seat. It has both front and rear brakes on the right. The brakes will slide the wheels on this one. It has comfort tires and rides really smooth. The handle bars have an adjustable stem. There is an adjustable mirror on the left handle bars end.

The gas tank is located in the handlebar bag and holds about a quart which will give you about 35 miles. The water bottle on the front of the bike is your reseve gas. You pour it in the tank in case you run out, which I have done. I have the motorcycle style tank that comes with the kit and will trade it for the bag and tank if you would rather have it. This tank hold 1/2 gallon and is black.

The engine and bike have 238 miles on them. The engines require about 300-400 miles to be broken in. I bought both new in July of this year. I am working on another bike so I am selling this one. I have ridden this bike up to 38mph and I believe it will reach 40 mph when it is broken in fully.

More pics if you are interested in the bike.

THIS IS SBP SHIFTER KIT ORDER #1.

Price: $550.00 + shipping.

email:[email protected]

Item location: Henderson, KY, 42420 United States
Shipping to: United States
Change country:Show all availableUnited States ZIP Code:

Attachments

Last edited:

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
Put It Outside Your House Or Work With A For Sale Sign On It , Just Make Sure Its Chained Down Good , Take Out The Gas And Deflate The Tire's . Theives Are Everywhere Even In Small Towns , :( It Would Almost Have To Sell For That Price If Not Ride That Bad Puppy

Biker Mike

Mar 21, 2008
Cropwell Alabama
Put It Outside Your House Or Work With A For Sale Sign On It , Just Make Sure Its Chained Down Good , Take Out The Gas And Deflate The Tire's . Theives Are Everywhere Even In Small Towns , :( It Would Almost Have To Sell For That Price If Not Ride That Bad Puppy
I live on a dead end road and sat 2 bikes outside with for sale signs on them in hopes of selling one. I sold both within 1 hour and the guy wants me to build him 2 more for relatives. I just ordered 2 BGF kits for $139.95 each, shipping was FREE. Set it out and see what happens. Good luck. (^)

Laser Beam

May 25, 2011
NorthCarolina
I live on a dead end road and sat 2 bikes outside with for sale signs on them in hopes of selling one. I sold both within 1 hour and the guy wants me to build him 2 more for relatives. I just ordered 2 BGF kits for $139.95 each, shipping was FREE. Set it out and see what happens. Good luck. (^)
what r the ouotes for?

Skyliner70

May 25, 2011
Colorado
It ticks me off that this style bike is no longer made by Schwinn. It is a very durable and reliable bike that takes a lot of abuse and keeps on going.

Good luck with your sale, its a beauty.