Impromptu repairs and other quick fixes

GoldenMotor.com

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
Well here is some quick fixes I've done so i can get to work with minimal cost and effort.

First up is my tank. My stock peanut got a cracked. So I took a Venom energy drink can and drilled a hole into the bottom and bolted in the stock petcock. Also, the retaining nut on clutch holder that threads into the case fits perfectly on the petcock. Thats what I used to hold the petcock onto the can.

That little tank works out perfect for me. And I don't have a problem with fuel flow. I thought I might with the route of the fuel line.

I used my stock chain tensioner to adjust my pedal chain instead of the drive chain. Well on the way home from work the idler vibrated off and I couldnt find it. So I did what any guy would do. I dug into my tool pouch. (which is a back pack with too much stuff in it) Took out a spare brake pad. And you have this little gem of engineering you see right here.

Theres more to come, I just need to refill my eggnog and get the bravery to go out in the cold and snap more pics.