What's your bike's theme song?

GoldenMotor.com

anim8r

Jul 15, 2011
Michigan
I've always given my vehicles a theme song based on what I was listening to when I first drove it.

Motorbikes are probably a little too loud for most types of portable audio (unless you use headphones), but I cranked up my phone & put it in my shirt pocket & tried anyway. When the bike started for my first run, the farty metallic rumble cut off "Channel 5" by Deadbolt. Then I almost did a wheelie into a parked van. The bike wasn't road ready, & I didn't know how to drive it yet. Great song, but apparently not the right one.
Today I figured it out & fixed the problems. The last thing I heard was "Midget" by Devo before the bike started & I took my first real ride. I got about 5 miles & home with no real problems, so I figure that must be the one.

Anybody else got a theme song for their bike/s?

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Good idea for a thread-

I got the 50 cc going again and I'm thinking "This thing sounds like an old song I used to hear back in the 60's- What is it? I didn't know the title but I'd heard it at Starbucks, I finally searched it down on youtube- so here's the song my Huffy 50 cc actually SOUNDS like accelerating: The Beau Brummels-"Just a little"
The Beau Brummels - Just A Little - YouTube

My 66 I just picked one- something similar - and because it's soo damn fast nobody's gonna follow me and because small minded people are still hassling me over a flood settlement in Indiana now 3 1/2 years after the flood-and I'm never going back to Nashville anymore.
So my 66 Micargi's theme is: Just Walk Away Renee- The Left Banke
Walk Away Renee - The Left Banke - YouTube

If we had a Motorbicycling theme in general I think it should be the very first 45 record I bought for myself when I was 10 or 11: "I Get Around" by The Beach Boys
Beach Boys - I Get Around - YouTube
Cause Indianapolis USED TO rock....

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Last edited:

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
The beast has no particular theme song... I wouldn't dare plug my ears with music, I ride in traffic too much (or in too much traffic). I listen to the jukebox in my head all the time though. I have way too much storage space in my brain filled with classic rock... in addition to some of the above, Jimi Hendrix, Bachman Turner Overdrive, Steppenwolf work well, and a few others.. Running a lot of Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Kenny Wayne Shepherd in the mix lately as well.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Well, I'm afraid my old bike's theme would have been Journey's "Wheel in the Sky". (It lost in an accident with a Ford F-150).

But, so far, the new bike's theme is Beach Boy's "Fun, Fun, Fun!".

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
The "Weasel's" theme song is, Dah dah dah dahhhh. On a dim day it's, Lah lah lah lahhhh. On a rainy day it's................