Need Bike Engine Builder-Chicago

GoldenMotor.com

ChicagoPinkie

Jun 25, 2011
Chicago
Hi,

I would like to mount an engine on a bike but as of yet I have neither a bike nor an engine and after reading up think it would be wise to consult someone who knew what they were doing to do this for me rather than do it myself. I like in Chicago and would like to know if anyone knew of a place I could go on the south side preferably near South Shore or Hyde Park to get this done. I know of a bike shop in HP but haven't actually been there. I'm not even skilled enough to attempt to do this myself. I just watched a youtube video and said to myself...yeah...no. But I want one. Anyone know where I can go or what I should do to start?

Thanks!

Pinkie

Jul 15, 2009
waukegan IL. U.S.A.
Welcome to the forum, you can do this , your in the right place to learn everything there is to know! If not there are those who can help . Were a little ways north of you (waukegan) but if you want to make the trip , we are a riders/buliders club for this exact reason. The rubb comes when you find that the only real way to maintain an MB is to know how every part works ,so you know when something is wrong. But anyone can learn what it takes.
Good luck ,lett me know if I can help.

TNault

Feb 2, 2011
Florida
u can do it buddie. i had no idea what i was doing when i jumped in and now i build them and sell em. and maintain most of the ones i sell.. for a small fee that is.. anyways i say jump in man whats the worst that could happen?? u have a awsome cool MB to scoot around on

Ditchrider

Jun 25, 2011
California
I would recommend a electric front hub motor, you can move it from bike to bike. I would also get a big chain and lock to wrap around the hub motor when you leave it.

satoch

Jun 2, 2011
Chicago
Hello, while I'm new to this forum I am far from new to building custom bikes. If you check out Moped Army I designed and built the Tomos Prostreetmate. I have a full woodworking and metal fabrication shop with a dedicated paint booth. I am on the far north side of Chicago at Clark/Ridge if you are interested in assistance with your build.