bicycle engine wont start

GoldenMotor.com

porsche944

Apr 9, 2011
san pedro ca
im new to all this but i recently bought a brand new 80 cc engine kit from raw motors i mounted it on to my bike connected everything it wont start the rear wheel gets stuck i diont know what to do help me out

yendorrodney88

May 5, 2010
campbelltown nsw australia
im new to all this but i recently bought a brand new 80 cc engine kit from raw motors i mounted it on to my bike connected everything it wont start the rear wheel gets stuck i diont know what to do help me out
Hi porsche944,not much information,is your back wheel always stuck or only when you try to start it,does it go into neutral when you hold your clutch in,yendorrodney88

porsche944

Apr 9, 2011
san pedro ca
the rim only gets stuck when im pushing it backwards and sometimes when im trying to start it i dont know why my engine wont start what are some problems i can check for

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
make sure your chain is tight enough. if it is not, it can get stuck in the sprocket case. this could be why your back wheel is locking up..

if it wont start check three things first. 1. is fuel getting to your motor. try and start it up, then then take your spark plug out and see if its wet. if so your getting fuel and should move on to the next step

2. check and see if you are getting a spark. and make sure your wires are all hocked up right. i dont know the best way to test spark, but you can try a different plug if you think that is it.. and make sure your ground is hocked up right or it can cause a short.(no spark) black-black, blue-blue, two color-white, ground wire-black or good ground point on frame/motor.

3. and last, if all other tests have failed you check compression. make sure there are no air leaks anywhere. tighten down the head cap and intake/exhaust. and check to see if your carb is all the way on your intake.

give there steps a try and get back to us on how it gos. with as much info as you can.. good luck

porsche944

Apr 9, 2011
san pedro ca
the chain was too loose the spark plug is wet so im getting fuel but the spark plug cap is loose ive cut and tried to screw it back in but it doesnt tighten i think that might be the problem oh and i took off the exgaust beacuse it was hitting my peddles is that a problem

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
the chain was too loose the spark plug is wet so im getting fuel but the spark plug cap is loose ive cut and tried to screw it back in but it doesnt tighten i think that might be the problem oh and i took off the exgaust beacuse it was hitting my peddles is that a problem
Trash the stock plug, replace with a NGK and new wire and boot. The lead just unscrews out of the CDI and reverse to install.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
On the spark plug, unscrew the metal furn that is on it, so that you have the threads showing, now, it will go onto the spark plug cap and hold better.

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
On the spark plug, unscrew the metal furn that is on it, so that you have the threads showing, now, it will go onto the spark plug cap and hold better.
good call.. i forgot the spark plugs in the new kit have them... also the idea about a new plug and boot is a good one..

i got a new wire and boot from SBP and it was cheep and works great.. i also got two NGK plugs. one got smashed by my piston, and the other is working fine? both where the Iridium plugs. BPR6HIX and BPR7HIX.. i dont know why one hit and the other did not?