Thermostat in 2004 Lincoln Town car

GoldenMotor.com

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
This is the thermostat in my 2004 lincoln town car. I had the car hooked up to thecomputer at Autozone, and the said thermostat. I replaced it with the one on the left. I was happy because the one on the right looked like it was having a problem with a weak spring on the botton. After installing the one on the left I was happy. because it looked like the one on the right was messed up cuz it was smaller or shorter. thinking the spring colapsed. After installing the one on the left. I monkeyied around with the one on the right, and I realized that the bottom of the one on the right can come completely off and is just kind of floating on there. You can litterally pull the bottom section off. This made me think that it is possible that the one on the left wasn't the correct thermostat. If you pull on the bottom of the one on the right it will be the same lingth only problem is it can be pulled all the way off. Anyone have any experience with the 4.6 ford engines?

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
My advice: Go to a Ford dealership and get the right one. My experience with Autozone has been less than satisfactory as far as matching parts is concerned. They couldn't even get the right windshield wiper blades for my Jeep Cherokee. Their computer listed ones that were two inches too long.
Tom