Before and After Mud Hog

GoldenMotor.com

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
How come Tioga are all over the internet and I cannot order even one from the bike shop?? They told me that they do not deal with Tioga. The Tioga Psyco 2 is the best performing tire I ever had
(far left) . They pushed these studded tires on me for $125 each and told me that they are super but that I have to get used to them. I never rode on studded before-I do not like nobies but bought them anyway and they better work!!(Nokians,from the Swiss)

Any way first bike pic is with Panna racer tires suspention xt and those are great also but I got side dammage in it and blew out the side wall .

Any way these are the before and after pics of my winter bike that show the intsallation of my gas line shut off valves. I had to do this because gas was pouring in to the motor causing bad flood problems and now there are no problems like that at all . The throttle cable ate right through my return line so when I replaced the lines, this gave me a chance to add the shutt off valves and now it works great. I put black tape around the main line so I know which one is the main and which one is the return.

The gasket papper kits come with the special shim material for cylinder base and exhaust.

Attachments

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Thanks Killer, ya I rode a regular mountain bike (without motor) in the winter snow for about 10 winters and I've rode my motorized bike through 2 winters all ready .
This comming winter will be the third winter.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Coolage. Have you ever tried the 'ol 'screws on the inside pointing out'? Like for makeshift studs? I was thinking of doing that this year. Duct tape over the screw heads on the inside for sure. Just wondering if that would work, eh?

Any Pros/Cons to that?

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Ya Ive seen people do that, and as a matter of fact, thats what the motorcyle ice racers do.

I should not have bought those at all . I was looking for the Tioga psycho2s and or the Panaracers. I have never used studded tires before and Ive been through more black ice than you could shake a stick at.

I do not like nobies....tank tracks are not nobies, tractor tracks are not nobies and snowmobile tracks are not nobies. That is what I like about the Panaracers and the psychos.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Yeah knobbies wouldn't do much on ice, other than give your cameraman(and youtube) a good laugh.

I've been eyeballing this kit, but its $500+. Would be Uber cool to have that on a Morini bike, eh?

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Ya I saw that here in this forum last year but I dont think it makes much of a difference because it extends out the back and there is no real weight on the rear iddlers.
I had an idea like that but with the iddlers down in front of the rear tire and what ya know, someone went and made one out of a big motorcycle and I saw them on tv ridding it in the winter snow of the mountains.
I think Bombardier (Ski-Doo) makes them. They have alot of ccs lot of weight and a lot of power.