custom boost?

GoldenMotor.com

xzackx

Jun 30, 2010
morgan county, OH
i was wondering if i could go buy 2 small co2 tanks for paint ball guns and cut the end off and tap it and make a set of boost bottles? anyone think it would work?

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
I think CO2 takes the oxygen molecules out of the air that the co2 is in
if that is the case than it will do nothing but bog down your motor.

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
alot of waste of time and cash...keep it simple and ride tell it breaks and than start all over...i'm starting to fly kites...thank God...Dennis

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The "boost bottle" is said to need to be the same capacity as your displacement...

Having said that, to my knowledge there's no conclusive proof it does anything at all. While we've had some scattered reports of a "better idle" ...given the sheer number of people that have reported no change in performance at all, I would guess those folks that improved their idle may have had shoddy intake manifold seals that they inadvertently repaired when removed & replaced the intake to tap it.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Right on.

If you have ever seen the instructions that come from a certain manufacture they tell you to do all this stuff to your engine to get it prepped for the bottle.

It's all stuff you should be doing anyway, and of course your going to see a "performance gain" once you have paid the money and done all the "prep" work.

Plus the bottle is a cool addition in some opinions, kinda like a nitrous bottle. ;)

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
dude, it'll totally work. don't listen to these oldtimers. you'll get at least .00089 HP improvement. not to mention all the chicks that'll be allover you and your bike! man, i built one of these set-ups for my lawn mower, and you should see the grass fly!

(edit) sorry. just taking a different approach to my normal technical explanations about what works and what doesn't.

xzackx

Jun 30, 2010
morgan county, OH
oh yeah i was meaning a empty one but if it dont help i dont think i'll do it. i have no clue if it works or not but does the nitrous for the 80cc's really work ?

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
no one has ever posted any substantial proof that nitrous works on our bikes.

and honestly, i can't think of anyone ever posting anything, good or bad, besides their intentions of NOS'ing a bike. i mean, i haven't searched youtube or anything, but mostly, it's "i'm gonna do this..." and that's the last you ever hear of it.

i know there's a post somewhere here about real life testing of boost bottles, and the poster didn't have any luck at all, but i'm too drunk to find it.

the bottom line, is there's no magical, bolt on turbocharger for our bikes. even if a boost bottle or nitrous worked, it's not like you'd go 30mph to 150 in a split second. it'd be more like, "yay, i'm almost as fast as that garbage truck!"

gimmicks aren't the answer. in my opinion, it's blueprinting, tuning, and gearing.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Nitrous is a completely different story and does work... but the nitrous "kits" available for these engines bear no resemblance to what the pros use. Known as a "dry injection" system it provides a small shot of nitrous directly into the intake manifold which displaces the fuel/air mixture. This can cause a lean condition and reduces the effectiveness of the nitrous charge as nitrous is simply an "oxidizing agent to increase an internal combustion engine's power output by allowing more fuel to be burned than would normally be the case."

So - unless you can figure out a wet system (increase fuel flow during application) it will provide only a comparatively small increase in power at the risk of harm to your motor. I'd recommend putting the injection port through the air filter cap instead of the manifold & set yer carb a touch on the rich side as at least that way you'll not displace quite as much fuel or run quite as lean when ya hit it ;)

Last edited:

Comrade Alfonzo

Jul 15, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
Nitrous Oxide Systems sells an energy drink in a bottle that looks like a real minature Nitrous tank, If I get off my lazy butt and eventually find one I'll duct tape it on, check your local AM/PM