stop me before i kill again!!!

GoldenMotor.com

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
bairdco, if I'd pay a little more attention, I would have noticed you were probably drunk by needing to ramble, vent, and patiently wait to use the toilet all at the same time. You also, obviously, forgot how to spell 5, 6, 7, 8.

I use high octane also!

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Har har kev funny guy...I run it, it runs slightly better and I like working on motors that have ran on premium. Not gonna stop and BTW I pay less for gas when I run premium makes gas mileage so much better it makes up the difference in price expecially in the Bronco. So who's the idiot? You know where you can shove it buddy!
Bairdco I understand what you mean though for sure. I have seen lots people who have so many issues with their motors and Mine has been used abused taken off put back on, taken off again...ect and like you said it just a super simple two stroke. and if I see an issue I usually fix it without much help so I totally understand your drunk ramble, I mean really you just want some people to stop and use their brains for a second. But I agree to drive the point home to everyone....Use the Search feature B4 you post! This site is absolutely awesome for soaking up most of the info you need without really ever having to post

Last edited:

Sidecar

May 28, 2010
Tn.
I feel if I ask a lot of questions I will not learn as much as if I try something first. I am in the stages of building ny first bike, like as in it is torn complety apart and in the process of being sanded. I paid a whole $7.00 for it at an estate sale last year. It is an old huffy, girls bike at that. I figure I can have some fun with it before I get serious and build a real one. I'm sure I will ask questions but I want to read a lot and then try it on my own. Bairdoco, I feel your pain, I see a lot of the same questions asked on other boards and I have to wonder if some folks just can't navigate their way around a web site.

Sidecar

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
New people new methods come here every day , norm has an sticky about sprockets in the general discussion for an reason. And other people have posted on that sticky . New sprockets new methods and which one will work for me . And there may be another tool or method to help get the sprockets balanced. And the same with chain tacos . Tomorrow brings new knowledge. Some say the sprocket is the biggest problem of these motor bikes. Most people learn from those who have been through trials and tribulations and tears of other peoples builds. But will sticky’s be the end of questioning , or new tools and methods. ,.- It is just my personal feeling , - ..that I would have had to worked on and finish at least 20 wheels before I would even post anything on that sticky. Things could change before I even got 5 wheels done.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
If you don't mind I'd like to throw a fast story at you. Spent over 40 years restoring antique furniture. I was quite good at it and worked many weekend just to be doing it.

That is when the phone calls came. Started stripping/refinishing a piece of furniture and it's bubbling up, can't get the paint out of the cracks, how do I get the piece that broke off back on, what should I do now?
Spend ten minutes telling them what to do and then I'm told, "well my next door neighbour said I just have to do this". WTF

Why call me, let the expert next door do it!

Boy, you sure got an attitude!!!!

Didn't have to wait for the bathroom. I had that sh8t dumped on me for years until I smartened up and only told people what was up when I saw they were going to ruin somethig of value.

When I got into this a year and a half ago I went to school on you guys and gals. Sat here for hours reading old threads in the archives. Tell the new people to do it and then answer thier questions.
They won't ask as many.

fast"more knowledge"eddy.

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
Maybe with every new membership to this great site each person gets a user manual. Not being sarcasting kinda like a map to disneyland. Tell them what stickys are where they are found and what they are for. Teach the newbies about the search engine it does work very well. You can find very old posts with it.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Yes a map to Disneyland could help. Yet as some of the story goes if some folks dug into the forum that would take patients. So does working on the bike it is just human nature. History repeats it self.

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
One thing is for sure though I come to this site several times a day. These guys are like a real family. I have an account on the other site. I am so afraid of getting blasted on it though I never post anything. A lot of those guys have attitudes that dont mesh well. I like the dreamers on here. The guys that want their bike to run on nitro or whatnot. All in all it is all probably just dreaming. Lots of work and patience that most people just dont have. Heck I started building a chopper with a briggs on here and it is still sitting in te corner with dust on it now. maybe this winter..... anyway, most everyone here seems to be pretty open minded. I like that

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
videos and pictures help a lot , punch in videos on sprockets , and then punch in pictures of sprockets, some results have nothing to do with sprokets .. or at least what comes up at my end

Last edited:

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
Baird I agree 100% with your post. You are very helpful with your posts and I always look forward to reading them always hoping to get a good laugh at the great sarcasm that seems to follow. Have a beer on me & keep up the good work.

Adam

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
Reading this thread has inspired me to go back and look at some of our "experts" early posts.
I wish I knew it all when I first got started in the hobby.
A lot of times a couple years ago i would ask questions i knew were already covered just to get a new perspective.

asianflava

May 13, 2010
Colorado
That post is just too funny, it's pretty much like that on any forum though. I've been on other forums for years, questions go in cycles. You'll hear the same question asked every couple months (or weeks) or so. I usually don't answer and let the other newbees answer, I just chime in if they are way off base.

I lurked here for a while, and saw posts from people with problems. It made me a bit nervous to see them. After I did my first one, I couldn't figure why people have so problems. When I finished it, it worked as advertised. I had a few problems but nothing that was that difficult to figure out. For example, the muffler hit the cranks, I just layed the bike down and stepped on the pipe, now it clears.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Some people are part replacement guys and some are real mechanics and then there are new kids that could go either way,Its up to us to try too help or ignor them,and ,Terrionthesnake ?you really run premium in the china girl ?(just kidding) LOL