SBP 4 Stroke Shift Kit Release

GoldenMotor.com

broHSI

Jul 27, 2009
USA, CA
We would like to announce the release of our 4 stroke Shift Kit.
Pablo & Ghost
Is the freewheel in the kit the heavy duty $69.95 one ?

Will the BB spindle in the kit fit a cruiser style bike?

I can not imagine anyone with a geared JL Hoot using this kit......

Does your 4 stroke kit work with the Hoot chain gearbox?

Last edited:

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
The HD freewheel is not necessary with the 4 stroke as there is no added stress put on the freewheel from starting the engine because it has a pull start.

The cartridge BB spindle will work on a cruiser with the adapter kit we sell.

Actually one of our testers was using a Hoot gear box and had excellent success. The multiple gears reduces the stress on the gear box so I would imagine the Hoot would last much longer.

We have not got our hands on one of the Hoot chain drives yet but we will to ensure that it is compatible or make the necessary changes if needed.

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Looks good, Ghost0. Looking forward to hearing more from the guys that have this. I still have my 7-speed cruiser and a HS Grubee sitting in the corner, just begging me to get one of these.

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
As one of the testers I can say that the SBP 4-stroke Shift Kit is the most fun I've had on a motorized bike since I built my first one three yrs. ago. I used the Honda GXH50 motor with a Grubee III gearbox and mounted it all in a Schwinn Skyliner. (see photos)

ocscully

Attachments

Stoney

Jan 23, 2009
santa barbara
If you make a sbp staton kit It would be popular. Using one of the most used, reliable, and reputable gearboxes (lifetime warranty and over 20years on market), and making it frame mounted - Sounds very appealing for alot of customers!

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Any version of the kit should not change the price much. That is unless it is a complete redesign. But I don't think the 4G kit will require much adaptation.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Pablo & Ghost
While every one is on about the shift kit for the 4G if you are going to do one for the 4G I have a major request. My request is for the jack shaft to be on the other side of the seat tube or the forward side. Hear is my reason huasheng 142F-cc engines are going to start selling generator engines and when they do the best spot on the bike for the battery box is between the rear fender and the seat tube. That is the reason for my request please give this idea some thought here is a couple of pictures of my bike and I am just waiting for the new engines to show up.

Picture 035.jpg

Picture 034.jpg

Thank you
Terry

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
If you put the jackshaft in front of the seat tube how are you going to run a chain from the gear box output sprocket to the left side jackshaft sprocket? Not possible, I don't think.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
If you put the jackshaft in front of the seat tube how are you going to run a chain from the gear box output sprocket to the left side jackshaft sprocket? Not possible, I don't think.
Maybe make an extention for the output shaft to run straight across (with a bearing support on the seat tube) to the RH side and eliminate the jackshaft....just a thought.

Last edited:

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
Hi Ghost
Yes I have seen this done but you put the mounting plate for the shaft on the engine and you replace the shaft from the original 4G with a longer shaft making it a long one piece so it is part of the jack shaft this is the best way

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Good idea in theory but there is a 1.7 to 1 reduction on the left side currently so running the gear box output shaft directly to the right side will eliminate this added reduction which would require you to run about a 70 tooth sprocket on your chainring. I don't think we have enough ground clearance for that.