What's the fastest 4 stroke you can buy?

GoldenMotor.com

thestu

Mar 25, 2010
Australia
What's te fastest 4 stroke you can buy?

Would it be 5 hp lawn mower motor? Or a kit?

Can you fit a jack shaft kit to these?

Stu

thestu

Mar 25, 2010
Australia
No, thats not what i'm saying.

I need to be able to travel about 60km round trip a day...

I don't want it to take me forever...

I just want to maintain a speed of about 50km/h for my travel...

Stu

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
Dax is offering a 1 year warranty on his in frame 4 stroke his add is on your left. call him you cant get better than that. Im on the list and cant sit still.I want it now.

Adam

Hi,
One of the fastest [Legal] 4-stroke kits available is the EZM kit. We had to alter the ratios to slow it down to meet the speed requirements in most states. My Proto-type easily exceeds 40 MPH and will run all day long at that speed. The EZM kit uses the 49 CC H.S. motor or the optional Honda GXH50. We aren't into BS, so we actually tested several on dynos & Roller Roads [speed dyno], the slowest stock was 35 MPH and the fastest was slightly over 40 MPH.

In fact the West coast EZM office has issued a challenge to run the 49 CC Honda equipped EZM motorbike against any HF 79 CC Greyhound powered motorbike [no one has accepted the challenge yet].

Hope this information is helpful,

Have fun,

Attachments

Hi Stoney,

Our current production drive employs a special edition MaxTorque clutch [suspended in the center of the drive plate] and has a 10 tooth #41 chain sprocket output. The 10 tooth sprocket is part of the clutch assembly and can't be removed [easily], however several of our dealers have machined the assembly to accept a pulley. The rear sheave is a Whizzer or Whizzer reproduction available from several sources. Some Whizzer dealers will have the rear sheave and if not Memory Lane Classic in Ohio has a reproduction of the vintage Whizzer sheave. The vintage version of the sheave will fit several sizes of spokes, whereas the new edition Whizzer sheave will only work correctly on 12 guage [105's] spokes. The sheave diameter is 15", and is easy to install on 24" or 26" 36 spoke wheel, but will not fit a small 20" wheel.

I know of several EMZ motorbike owners using the belt primary and the belt final drive and all rave about how well it works.

Hope this answers you question, if not please ask again.

Have fun,

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Not sure what is the fastest.. But.. Titan is an HS Spec Motor made for DAX. It is under 50cc and can hit speeds of 48mph with shift kit. 30-37 mph is common for single speeds. Also.. I have Customers with almost 30,000 miles and counting on their Titan XC50 4 strokes. Enjoy the ride...

Hi Everyone,

Come on down! [borrowed from the game show "Price Is Right"]

I am willing to challenge ANY 49 CC motor made by HS [Shandong HuaSheng Zhongtian machinery group LTD] or the HF Greyhound 79 CC.

My motors [personal property not owned by EZM] have made it to as much 50 MPH using the new Q-Matic with the high transfer rate system, and during a test ride today it easily bumped 45 MPH [single speed, no shifter kit, completely stock motor].

I am in the process of extracting a little more power from the HS motor. It is important to note this adventure is NOT a project of EZM. EZM will continue to offer "stocK" legal motors in thier kits, and does not endorse my personal projects. EZM is supplying 49 CC 4-stroke motors with under 2 HP [the limit in many areas to keep moped, motorized, assisted, status]. EZM's policy is to transfer as much power as possible to the rear wheel without flexing the rules, and as one of the major stockholders of EZM, I totally agree.

Now that I have dispensed with the proper disclaimer, I want to pass on some PERSONAL concepts. After playing with the Honda GHX50 and the Huasheng 142 I am convinced there is more power to be had from both motors. Can I find it? You betcha! As an X motorcycle racer/tuner, It is well known I can find lots of hidden power. I have managed to extract 4 times the original power from the 138 CC flathead Whizzer, and currently hold most of the speed records. 40.3 MPH in 150 feet @ 8220 RPMs [dirt drag races], and over 70 MPH on dynos will attest to the possibilities.

It isn't often that a motor stands out, but the Huasheng 142 has set the stage for power at bargain prices, don't take this wrong because I normally don't endorse products made in China, however this is the "execption to the rule". I feel sure this motor can easily handle a little Hop-up and survive the process.

I already know why the HS has a higher top end than the Honda, I also understand the higher bottom end torque of the Honda. Adjustable main jets for the HS carburetor, and tuned exhaust systems are already in my shop. I even have special manifolds to mount different carburetors to the HS motor.

Guess this project may shed new light on the fastest 49 CC 4-stroke, and looking forward to any challenges. Here are the conditions of the challenge.... no shifter kits, no NO2, regular gasoline [no Alky], and no cheating.

Have fun,

Buddy

Jul 7, 2009
Ogden, Utah
The real question is how much do you value your life and limbs? I have close calls with cars on an almost daily basis and I don't ride anywhere near that speed. At 30+MPH on a bike with an engine if anything happens you're going to be in big trouble.

Slow down and live longer, it's not worth the rush.

Hi Buddy,

I am slowing down, LOL

I raced motocycles for over 15 years [HD, Ducati, Yamaha, Kawaski, Bultaco, AJS, BSA, Triumph, etc] , have owned some of the fastest Street bikes available, and most of my fast stuff is on upgraded HD bikes with good brakes. I ride on several country roads and mainly need to watch for animals, not cars.

Making small 4-strokes a little stronger is fun [reminds me of making my Ducati DESMO singles beat the 2-stroke invasion of Yam YZ, Suz RM, Kaw KX, and Honda Esinores], and a chance to use some of the tricks I learned in the old days. Of course I did race a lot of 2-strokes later and know how to make them "wake up" as well, but to me the sound of a powerful 4-stroke is hard to beat.

I wear leathers & helmet when testing, so I do try to be careful.

Have fun,

Buddy

Jul 7, 2009
Ogden, Utah
Hi Buddy,

I am slowing down, LOL

I raced motocycles for over 15 years [HD, Ducati, Yamaha, Kawaski, Bultaco, AJS, BSA, Triumph, etc] , have owned some of the fastest Street bikes available, and most of my fast stuff is on upgraded HD bikes with good brakes. I ride on several country roads and mainly need to watch for animals, not cars.

Making small 4-strokes a little stronger is fun [reminds me of making my Ducati DESMO singles beat the 2-stroke invasion of Yam YZ, Suz RM, Kaw KX, and Honda Esinores], and a chance to use some of the tricks I learned in the old days. Of course I did race a lot of 2-strokes later and know how to make them "wake up" as well, but to me the sound of a powerful 4-stroke is hard to beat.

I wear leathers & helmet when testing, so I do try to be careful.

Have fun,
That post was meant for the OP but it can pretty much apply to anyone riding these bikes. Bikes weren't made for an engine and they don't handle the same with one on them. 30+MPH for 35+miles daily is a lot of risk on a bike, especially when virtually everything on that bike is made in China. Is a few extra minutes each way worth the price you can pay for going that fast? If people enjoy riding a bike then what's the hurry? The faster you go the shorter the ride. If you don't enjoy riding a bike then why ride one?

Just a few incidences of what can happen:
http://motorbicycling.com/f11/why-helmets-important-16619.html

Almost all the posts I see of crashes on these bikes speed was at least a factor if not the cause.

Last edited:

Buddy

Jul 7, 2009
Ogden, Utah
There's a lot of bold bikers, but not a lot of Old Bold Bikers.
The older you get speed is less of a challenge.
The Old buzzard
This is true. I'm old enough to consider the consequences of what can happen at high speeds on a bicycle that's for sure. I look back at the stupid things I did when I was young and wonder how I made it to this age.

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
In my younger days I used to race flat track dirt bikes. I've taken out my share of hay bales and had a few broken bones to show for it. I don't think speed hurt anybody but the sudden stop will tear your butt up. If you're interested in fast motorized bikes check out Golden Eagles web site, they've done some racing on the Salt Flats in Utah. I don't know what kind of records they've set. Also there is a site Motorized Bicycle Racing Network.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...its about learning how to dance in the rain."

Hi Buzzard,

Me too and a bunch of fences. Saved all the broken bones for one year [Left hand 7 places, collar bone, several ribs]1971 as I fell down a lot. In fact I received an award for the most broken bones at a track in Mendon, OH, LOL. The other 14 years I raced were just minor cuts and scrapes.

What did ya ride, and where? Most of my early racing was in the Mid-west [OH, MI, PA, IL, IN]

Have fun,