tandem bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

jerryw50

Feb 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
Finally, someone that's posting some pics of a tandem build. Other then the obvious longer fuel lines, did the 'stock' install kit give you any problems. I'm planning to also build a tandem, then install the shift kit. How much weight are you carrying? What back sprocket are you using? It it giving much problems on gradual hills?

trimguy247

Oct 27, 2009
orlando
well i had to make a bracket to hold the motor . the gas cable was a tricky one i had to weld a ball on the cable in just the right spot to get it to work i found a extra long cable to make it work. me and my girlfriend ride it all the time it only has a 50cc on this bike my others got the 80cc on them. the tandem does 20 to 25 it does good on hills but we dont have many hills here. i got a shift kit i dont think it would be easy to put one on the tandem bike u would have to change the frount crank also and i thing u should keep it simple on a tandem cuz the motor is a lot closer to the back rider and the shift kit would be dangerious with all the extra parts and the motor mounts would have to be made to support the shift kit with the bike i have. do u have a tandem bike that u are going to use? if u show me some pictures i could tell u if it will work. i build bicycles and sell them at the flea market i have built fifty or more bikes with all kinds of motors frount mounts center mounts and some weedwacker rear mounted motors o got a beachcruiser with duell pipes it does 42 mph and i am over 200lb

WbTorres03

Apr 13, 2011
Ft. Lauderdale
i just bought a Kent tandom bike and am looking into putting a motor on it so im curious as to what other information i canget from you and/or anyone else! i am well below rookie status so i really need a lot of help!!!

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
i just bought a Kent tandom bike and am looking into putting a motor on it so im curious as to what other information i canget from you and/or anyone else! i am well below rookie status so i really need a lot of help!!!
This tandem was a very easy build, it goes up hills without pedaling and hauls two riders totaling 350lbs. @ over 40mph on flat ground. It was a very quiet 124cc Kawasaki 4-stroke, but now it's ready for the Death Race and is just a bit louderlaff

Check it out....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVLsw2es9GY

YouTube - 49.6 mph. on the Tandem

http://motorbicycling.com/f36/kawasaki-fe120-4-stroke-build-coming-25067.html

dnut