switched from 80cc china to 49cc frenchy

GoldenMotor.com

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
i just picked up my moped(motorized bicycle?) today from barrie
here is a video i made,
YouTube - my 1976 motobecane mobylette cady,

in the video it was running on 10 year old gas and was the first time it has been ran in about 5 years,
i cleaned it up and put in all new gas, its 10x faster now, hmm well to compair it to my 80cc HT kit, my HT had more top end power, but no low end, my HT was loud, very loud, this bike is very very quite,
so quite my elderly neighbor thought it was electric, it starts great, very easy, alot better than my HT

its good on gas, about the same as my HT, it has built in dynamo which puts out 6 volts, the light are bright, a bonus, it does around 40kph, one thing is very strange though, the intake and exhaust port are on the same side as each other, right beside themselfes, so how does that work? and the carb is very strange, it has no bowl or diafram but a slide tube that fills with gas and has a cylinder float in it,

all in all i like it better than my HT because its so quite and easy to start, its also very comfy!

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Cool bike it looks alot like a Puch:confused: you see for sale every so often on craigslist. Yea the frenchies do some weird things to motors, I was working on a peugot car once and it had an off the motor drive shaft cooling fan on it with an electric clutch. Dangest setup youve ever seen but clever. If the bike has been sitting that long if it were me Id be checking the brake pads out and the bearings for grease and lube every thing.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
That is one clean looking ride for being a 76 model....Someone kept it in a garage im sure....What a find....Enjoy your ride,I know I would....Now back to my cool beachcruiser.....shft.

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
Cool bike it looks alot like a Puch:confused: you see for sale every so often on craigslist. Yea the frenchies do some weird things to motors, I was working on a peugot car once and it had an off the motor drive shaft cooling fan on it with an electric clutch. Dangest setup youve ever seen but clever. If the bike has been sitting that long if it were me Id be checking the brake pads out and the bearings for grease and lube every thing.

yeah im riding it into school tomorrow, im going to bring it into the shop class, we will grease everything, and im putting a new belt on, im surprised it runs so good, it sounds and feels like a 4 stroke once its driving, my camera only picks up high frequency's so you wouldnt know from the video, but in person, its neat, i really hope it lasts, do the french have good marksmanship?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
It is a unique bike for sure.
But your spelling, grammar and punctuation make your story a headache to read.
The French have good workmanship.
I wonder about your englishmanship.
Bah - I'm a literary sort yet I don't expect such posh and polish here. I've noticed that most that concentrate on bemoaning poor grammar and punctuation tend to be short on experience. The point is the bike after all so please don't discourage any writings, they're sharing what they know and that's the important thing.

I suppose you didn't notice the inherent hypocrisy of using made-up words to deride someone for their verbiage? You're missing a comma by the way :D

Last edited:

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
awesome! look around the net you can probley find another forum for the vintage scoots, i know alot o the folks riding those antiques get togeather for rides frequently.

and since yours is in such great shape i bet youd be a hit addition to any of those said tours!

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
It is a unique bike for sure.

But your spelling, grammar and punctuation make your story a headache to read.

The French have good workmanship.

I wonder about your englishmanship.
haha sorry but i have alota work to do to the bike to keep it reliable, so i didnt really want to sit down and spend a half hour writing and editing a short story, just wanted to share my find, i honestly didnt think it was that bad though? so what if i dont use punctuation, its not an english class paper its a motorized bike forum!

and it could be worse, i culd b talkin liek diss, u no wat i meen? i hat wen peepl typ liek dis, so hard 2 reed!!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Nice little ladies bike, er, I mean moped. JUST KIDDING!!!!
I for one will not chastise you on your improper use of English, you are Canadian after all. ;)