Needed carburetor slide/needle with E-clip

GoldenMotor.com

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
The alloy carburetor slide that i got with my new kit was bent along with the needle an black E clip the supplier through Ebay won't help at all so here i am,if you have them an could help out that would be great!I don't have money but if there's something i can do for you i will.Thank you

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
How in the heck do you bend a slide?
PM me, if you send me the whole works I'll fix it, or replace whatever needs to be replaced.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
This story ends with AaronF's bike running smooth and sweet with the throttle cable, slide, and all it's associated parts including a pre-set needle assembly I sent him free of charge.

Yes, the sound you here is the sound of me patting myself on the back. ;)

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Hehe I agree Joe is a very nice man from the few conversations we had,i especially like how the package arrived never have seen anyone do that before..Though i don't get out much lol! I appreciate the respect here on the forum from everyone,BikeGuy Joe your a great man!Thank You.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Do you mean the "special ebay-er packing technique"?

Yeah, that's something I developed over the years of packing to ship ebay stuff.

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
One day i went on a splurge through Ebay bidding on things i really did not need cameras,mp3's $400+ on bike parts from ebay/nashbar a $1 watch for my mom because it was cute everything was packaged pretty good when it arrived,to find out everything that came from Hong Kong or China was cheap or did not work like most people i thought wow what a bargain!Anyways my first engine kit i received was from luckyearlybird on Ebay i checked through the box inspecting the hardware an a couple of things were broke so i sent the guy a email..Dear Friend,sorry to hear problems,you can send the whole kit back blah blah you pay shipping that was a mess!The second kit i ordered was from BGF it arrived again with broken hardware i emailed him,was told i could get the replacements free of charge then the next email said,Dear Friend blah this an that you need to pay for shipping!? "No I'm sorry it is not my fault that there is defective hardware,i should not pay"More emails were sent with the respect i had towards Ebay..Anyways neither one of them would help me,i was done with it so i left bad feedback.They then blocked me from contacting them an ordering from them!I lost alot of money through Ebay,rebuilding my Giant bicycle that is no longer good it has been a real mess for me leaving me here with pennies in my pocket.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Buyer beware, and as with anything over 5 dollars in value, do a little home work before you buy. Whatever you are looking to buy will still be there a few days down the road, and if you lost interest in it by then, you were going to make an impulse buy anyhow.

Now ebay is not all bad, I have bought many many items from ebay sellers with complete satisfaction. Only once I had to return a four track recorder and it went O.K. I have gotten all of my engine kits from ebay through three different sellers, all who I check first, bought later. No problems ever, and thatsdax (ebay I.D. dacscomm) has always gone the extra mile.

I think Aaron F got a sweet deal from this ebayer, I sent him well packed (if not a little unique in execution) free parts in a very timely manner. I think AaronF will leave me good feedback. ;)

otheracco

Jul 19, 2010
Minnesota - Near Cities
Help, my e-clip went flying and now it's lost forever. My local hardware store doesn't have a replacement.

My first idea (after getting another e-clip) was to use a piece of a bread bag tie and still might do that, but where can I get another e-clip, there so freakin tiny. Who has them?

otheracco

Jul 19, 2010
Minnesota - Near Cities
If you live near a Harbor Freight Tools store, then check this out:
300 Piece E-Clip Assortment
That'll probably have at least a couple that size, thanks!

By the way, if anyone else is in the same predicament, this might help you.

I took a bread bag twist tie, but off about a 1" piece, and burned off the plastic coating. It fits in the needle grooves perfectly and holds it in position.

There, I've contributed something finally .trlrl.