New addition Manhattan cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

MacZulu

Jul 3, 2015
Vancouver
very cool bike Chaz, love the style, fenders and back rack. what did you say about having the rundown bike, not now. so sad for "Rattler".

is that more of a gold or an orange? nice find

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Gotta love those fenders. Make sure they're secure.
Great looking machine, Chaz. Congratulations. Got details? What is it?

Just noticed the chain tensioner. You might want to change that. Shorten the chain and you'll want the tensioner on the top chain run. Not the bottom. Other than that it looks good.

Tom

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Mac, it's more orange than gold and slightly misty. I picked it up in Surrey and brought it home by bus and skytrain. That was an adventure. I brought stuff with me to cover up the tank and motor like a spy. I even brought some tools and a big backpack in case I had to remove the tank and motor. When I was on the train some ten year old kid walks by and says " whoah, cool bike" I played it cool and said "thanks, man" ... made this old man's day.

I'll take it out in the sun the next day or two and post some proper pics'

Tom, thanks for the warning, and I'll beef up the fenders and braces before I take it out. There is no wheel on the tensioner and the chain is way too long. The seller said it doesn't run but the price I got it for... It's a zoom 66 cc and date of manufacture is 2008 or 2009, can't quite tell. Looks to have only a few miles on it and came with a new speed carb, a spare stock carb, and new heavy chain.

Appears to have head leak and also has the stock evil acorns so that might be the whole issue right there. I'll check it out in the next day or two and let you know. Worst case scenario is I can sell the bicycle without the motor and fenders (which I will keep) for more than I paid. Oh, I love a good score!

dance1

Last edited:

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Okay, so I took it outside and wiped off the dust and took a few pics. Unfortunately I set the resolution too low so they are not great. I will take some better ones later but this gives an idea of the colour and condition.

Almost looks like new piston and jug. Whole motor looks new. The carb on it right now is new. Need to fix the throttle noodle, front mount, new heavy chain (included with purchase), split muffler (easy fix), clutch lever handlebar clamp, add a tensioner wheel. new exhaust gasket. tape off white wire which was actually grounded to engine case. Fender beef. Head bolts were almost finger tight and I snipped the acorn crowns.

Darn comfy Marin big butt seat also included.

Attachments

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
missed the side shot.

and forgot to mention that I'll need some proper brakes, I can't stand coaster brakes. May have to get bosses welded to front and rear.

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That thing just makes me smile. What a great looking bike.

If that engine has ever run it didn't run long. There's no evidence of combustion on the piston crown. I think you have a brand new engine along with a very unique bike.
Take you time and you're going to end up with a winner.

Have you considered disc brakes for the front?

Tom

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Thanks Tom, I had thought about a disc for the front and will have to look into it. I'm not sure if there's a kit available for the kind of fork that I have. I'll do some searching. Maybe a nice proper drum brake.

Layback seatpost also on the list as well as some not so wide bars. I like a mild cafe riding position.

I keep wanting to go downstairs just to look at it.

- Chaz

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
What a AWESOME find,just love them fenders and the color. Really needs something besides the peanut tank,would really make the bike..............Curt

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Thanks, Curtis. I'll post some better pics when I get it funning ( I meant to type running, but funning works).

I guess I have odd taste because I like the peanut tank, although I'm not sure why. I have done some research in the past about custom tanks and will go through that again. I wish there was a peanut tank with a deeper belly so it doesn't look so perched on top of the bar.

thanks for the input