First rides on my new bike.

GoldenMotor.com

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
It's been since June or July that I've ridden motorized. It felt pretty good.

The bike has been ready for a month. I could've had it ready earlier. But there was no point in taking it out of the basement during the deep freeze. But I don't want to tinker and adjust when we're lucky to see highs of 15 deg F. Wouldn't want to break-in an engine in those conditions, either.

But the weather finally broke and we've got a whole string of nice days ahead of us. There's already a lot of mud, too. Oh, well.........

She fired up almost right off the bat. But I only got her barely started before the drive chain jumped the sprocket. That happened a couple of times. So I made some alignment adjustments and took her back out.

Then the pedal chain started jumping off of the front chainring. It did that four or five times just as I had the speed to pop the clutch lever. I still haven't figured out just why it did that and why it stopped.

But after that I was able to really start her up and do a few quick rides around the neighborhood. It didn't amount to more than a couple of miles, I suppose. But I'll be able to do some more tomorrow.

She feels like she's going to be a good bike. The stance is excellent and she feels nice and stable. There's a few more adjustments I'll want to make. But that goes without saying.

She's not quite ready to take out and really travel. But I think I'll be there soon.

DSCN0426.JPG

DSCN0427.JPG