My first motorized Bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Many of us have had many motorized bicycles over the years. Thought it would be cool to share and reminisce our first motorized bicycle that started us all into this hobby of Motorized bicycles.

And if you just have only one and just built it, share with us as well.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
My first Motorized bicycle was a Diamond Back Della Cruz. Rode this bike for many years with the last I remember over 18,000 miles.

I used to see this crazy guy around town with a bicycle with a engine on it. Stopped and talked to him one day and he told me about the engine kits.

So i decided to search the web and I found engine kits for sale. Bought one and the rest is history.

Years later come to find out that crazy guy I saw riding around town that told me all about these bikes would one day open up a Motorized Bicycle shop just a few miles from my house called Spooky Tooth Cycles.

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Summer of 07. I saw my first China Girl powered motorized bicycle at a car show and was hooked. I built the 'Halloween Gal' using a bike I'd picked up out of a ditch and a Chris Hill engine kit. Ultimately I put 1772 miles on it then retired it and it now hangs from my garage ceiling. It runs and I could ride it anytime but it isn't very comfortable even with the adddition of a springer. Still, there's an attachment to the old girl so I still have her.
Here she is brand new, fall of 07, and today.

Tom

Attachments

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Mine was a beater huffy cruiser with a locked-up 49cc. The carb slide and top end were frozen from sitting. I tore it down, made some gaskets, sanded everything free again and it fired right up. The customer who brought it to me never came up with a scratch for the repair, so I inherited it.
Had a huge set of goofy apes and a tiny little racing seat and rode like a steel rail.
Made your nuts numb in fifteen feet and rattled fillings out but it never missed a lick. I sold it to buy a new kit after getting a real Diamondback MTB. The huffy cruiser frame got scavenged by a local kid as a pedal bike again and probably is still around today.
I bet I welded those apes 300 times.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
My first Motorized bicycle was a Diamond Back Della Cruz. Rode this bike for many years with the last I remember over 18,000 miles.

I used to see this crazy guy around town with a bicycle with a engine on it. Stopped and talked to him one day and he told me about the engine kits.

So i decided to search the web and I found engine kits for sale. Bought one and the rest is history.

Years later come to find out that crazy guy I saw riding around town that told me all about these bikes would one day open up a Motorized Bicycle shop just a few miles from my house called Spooky Tooth Cycles.
That musta been Roland B. ;)

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Summer of 07. I saw my first China Girl powered motorized bicycle at a car show and was hooked. I built the 'Halloween Gal' using a bike I'd picked up out of a ditch and a Chris Hill engine kit. Ultimately I put 1772 miles on it then retired it and it now hangs from my garage ceiling. It runs and I could ride it anytime but it isn't very comfortable even with the adddition of a springer. Still, there's an attachment to the old girl so I still have her.
Here she is brand new, fall of 07, and today.

Tom
Yeah, that saddle looks about as comfy as a brick :D