Carb Problem maybe

GoldenMotor.com

Dutch

Jun 13, 2013
May Port Florida
Hello,

I have a CNS Carb and the bike starts and runs nice but the idle dose not drop down very low at times when I have to stop or a light or other reasons. I do not think the way they have the Idle return spring inside the Carb works very well. The bike is around a year old and I have alot of miles on it.

I just think if the Idle return spring was on the out side or the carb with better cable ajustments like with a chainsaw or something would be better.

Could someone give me advice or tell me of a Carb I can get that will work better.

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
It's possible you are right the slide may not be closing all the time, as you state that it occasionally revs high.
It could be binding.
Or your cable could be fetching up in the thumb adjustment screw.

Even though I use an RT carb now, I would recommend an NT carb, they are cheap, simple, and pretty good little carburetors.

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
It might be worth completely taking apart the carb, cleaning the pieces, and re-assembling it. It's not that terribly complicated.

It could also be an air leak. The CNS carb can be a pain to keep sealed at the junction to the intake manifold. I use rtv to ensure a good seal, and then a zip tie around the motor case to keep the carb from pulling itself off of the intake manifold.

All that said, I am happy with my cns v3 carb.

Dutch

Jun 13, 2013
May Port Florida
Thank you both for the advice.

First off I did not really know if this was something Normal but I see now it is not.
I did not think of a Air leak because the bike runs so nice while I am riding its just the way the Idle will not fall the way I think it should.

I did take it apart and cleaned it and to check the Plunger for damage or if the RPM ajustment was wrong. This is when I found how the Spring works as the Idle return or should I call it the cable return. I am not sure right now but if I remember right the Hand control also has a small spring to help the cable to return.

I will take some WD and spray the Intake runing cold to see if I have a Air leak at the intake. if so I will fix that and be very happy.

I dont think I want to replace the Carb unless I know for sure would work better. Really dont like how the cable goes right in the Top of the Carbs

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
An air leak would not likely result in bad performance while riding. These things are jetted rich from the factory. An air leak might even help performance at high speed. It's really common with this carb.