Irish John will be missed

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
What a horrible, tragic end to a good man!
This is very saddening news and the circumstances make me quite angry!
How...senseless....disgusting.....appalling.... dammit none of that describes how I feel about it...

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I hear ya Happy, I first talked to John when he and I were new at the other forum. John and I were a few of the first 50 members at "the other place".

He once told me my bike was a piece of crap. I disagreed, and he did likewise. We had some arguments in PM.

No matter what, he was a good guy. He had his opinions and stood by them to the end. I have to respect him.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
He was Australian? I'd never heard of him on here. It certainly is a sad story, I haven't heard any news coverage of it over here, but these bikes as far as I'm aware are illegal, sure hope the driver didn't hit him because he was on a motorized bike

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Sure do hope your murder laws are strong in Australia. The rat that took advantage of him and ran him over from behind should spend the rest of his miserable life waiting for the one hour a day he gets to walk around the prison yard.

Maybe he will get general population and some of the hardtacks will get to him. Nothing like spending the rest of your life looking over your shoulder wondering when the next one is coming.

Steve.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
What a hard hit to the MaB community in OZ, and to all of us... what a senseless brutal murder. May the driver fool end up in Gen-Pop, and if not executed by the state, then by Gen-Pop...

R.I.P. fellow MaB'r...

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Jeez. Never got a chance to know him better, but I've heard that name. Even people who didn't like him often spoke decently of him. I guess we're not done riding like we're invisible, are we?

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Allen Wrench,

The news paper story said that the man who ran him over and Irish John had bad blood between them and he saw a chance to get even and ran him down from behind with a van and took off but the van was seen by a neighbor parked on his property with damage and they called the police.

But yes, your right. We do need to ride like we are invisible. I still remember the person who turned in front of you and did a lot of physical damage to you. I'd bet to this day they say they never saw you.

Steve.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Irish John helped me with silly dumb noob stuff way back. He was a decent, kind and good man to me. Not kidding, I Was brandy new and he did not fault me for it.

I have been meaning to write him and say hey and ask for his opinions on this or that and just never got around to it. Only to read this. He would slap me for crying but I would love the opportunity to punch him in the nogen back.

I would say R.I.P. but ya just know he is giving someone some guff, somewhere....

Love ya John. ...............................

Last edited: