Memorial Day

GoldenMotor.com

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
A day to remember those who served and are no longer with us. So, as you enjoy your FREEDOM today, take the time to remember those who WON it for you as well as those who fought to keep it for you.
Hershal W Loy, served under Goerge Washington, Battle of the White Marsh Wounded Dec 6th 1777.
George Washington Loy served under Col. Jackson Battle of New Orleans 8th of Jan. 1815.
His Grandson G.W.LoyIII rode with Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest during the War of Northern Aggression. KIA 23rd june 1863
Matthue Loy, rode with Roosevelt rough riders @ San Juan, later returning to England during WW1 serving until the end of the war @ which time he was presented his service revolver a .455 Webley by King Goerge V, a weapon I carry to this day.
Raymond Loy Tech Srgt.( my grandfather) with the 6th Army under MacAuther wounded @ the battle of Manila (aka The Devils Pocket) shot by a *** colonel with a 7.7mm rifle in the hip. I have that **** rank insignia, his rifle and his gold teeth, thanks granpa! His brother fell @ the Island of Siapan.
Daniel Sharp/Loy served 6 years as a marine (2 corp?) tunnel rat. Later to become homeless (due to mental issues brought on by his service) and kill a man over a kerosene heater.
John Collins,Sr. ( my aunts husband) U.S. Marine Vietnam 69-72 RIP
SSG. R. Jones ( my spotter) Afghanistan RIP

These are the men I remember
Rick.flg.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks for mentioning those who went before us.
I spent the afternoon at Ft. Logan National Cemetary in Denver. My father-in-law passed in October. He was a vet of WWII and Korea. I spent a lot of time reading markers. Dates and branches of service. Lots of history out there and over 58,000 graves of fallen solders. Sad, but I was proud to be there to give my thanks.

Tom