Going insane !

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Sounds to me like the gas tank cap is sealing too well. Poke a small hole in the center of the cap to allow venting and see if that cures it.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Sounds to me like the gas tank cap is sealing too well. Poke a small hole in the center of the cap to allow venting and see if that cures it.
Rather than poke a big ole' hole in yer cap, Just to find out if thats the problem, why don't ya just take it off and run it around a while.
fatdaddy.

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
Now we are getting somewhere I now have a couple more things to look at/for and a couple of GOOD points Thanks guys haven't had the chance to work on it much in the last few days but still working on it I will these couple things and let you all know how it work out THANK YOU ALL for the help

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I really, really, really HATE to go there nasty, cause last time I said IT'S THE COIL, It wasn't. But this time I think it might be. Runs good cold, gets hot and dies. Sounds like the coil gets hot and quits. And it'll only cost ya $12 to find out fer sher.
fatdaddy.
Did ya check the IN TANK filter/screen?

Last edited:

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
I'm starting to think that's the trouble is the coil ! Going to order one up soon and give it a try . I know when I first started to run this motor the wiring that was in the book had me using the white wire as part of the kill system and after a year and a half of running it that way I think it finally killed it so we will see got my fingers crossed ! and I NEVER use those wimpy ass tank filters I opt for a good one right off the bat ! I know a lot of people run what comes with the kit and it work well for them but I haven't had that kinda luck .
As you know these china girl motors are a crap shoot out of the box ether they run like a champ or you bang your head till you find the ching lee mistake !
That's what I love about these MB's the thrill of victory and the agony of the lumps on my head from trying to figure them out!
Happy Building
Donnie

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I'm starting to think that's the trouble is the coil ! Going to order one up soon and give it a try . I know when I first started to run this motor the wiring that was in the book had me using the white wire as part of the kill system and after a year and a half of running it that way I think it finally killed it so we will see got my fingers crossed ! and I NEVER use those wimpy ass tank filters I opt for a good one right off the bat ! I know a lot of people run what comes with the kit and it work well for them but I haven't had that kinda luck .
As you know these china girl motors are a crap shoot out of the box ether they run like a champ or you bang your head till you find the ching lee mistake !
That's what I love about these MB's the thrill of victory and the agony of the lumps on my head from trying to figure them out!
Happy Building
Donnie
So what yer saying is that you take the screen filter off the petcock before ya screw it to the tank. Thats cool if ya always use a in line filter. I leave em on just because it keeps the bigger crap out of the in line filter and is easy to clean.
If it ain't the coil I'll say SORRY to you too, like I had to say to the last guy I said it to. We went back and forth for almost a week trying to get his bike started. Turned out he was out of gas. At first I was kinda P.O'd, But then I started laughing and just couldn't quit. I still get a chuckle every time I think about it.laff
fatdaddy.
P.S. Another death attributed to the white wire.:-||

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
I hear you on the fuel filter I have a friend with a small engine shop I get great deals on supplies like filters ,fuel line and some other pieces and parts so I replace them once a year if need or not.
I guess I figured it might be the coil (but I come here to get help from time to time you all haven't failed me yet) I have one on order don't worry If it's not the problem I wont be coming after you talking smack EVER! I appreciate everybody's input its help out very well in the past
I know I don't say it enough so THANK YOU EVERYBODY for the help !

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I hear you on the fuel filter I have a friend with a small engine shop I get great deals on supplies like filters ,fuel line and some other pieces and parts so I replace them once a year if need or not.
I guess I figured it might be the coil (but I come here to get help from time to time you all haven't failed me yet) I have one on order don't worry If it's not the problem I wont be coming after you talking smack EVER! I appreciate everybody's input its help out very well in the past
I know I don't say it enough so THANK YOU EVERYBODY for the help !
No problemo nasty, Most of us really enjoy sharing our knowledge, makes us feel usefull.
I guess if you've gone through everything else, fuel, spark, compression, ect. Then about the only thing left IS a weak spark. I think I've said this before, but I've been fooled a few times by a coil looking like it works, but don't. It will put out just enough spark to seem good when you LOOK at the spark, put the plug back in and NOTHING. I HOPE this is your problem anyway, It would be a relatively cheap fix.
Good Luck,
fatdaddy.
Still the cheapest one I could find w/free shipping.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magneto-Coi...Parts_Accessories&hash=item256f2903c6&vxp=mtr

Last edited: