need help!!!! new to site

GoldenMotor.com

raiderfanz1

Jul 31, 2012
OC
I need help identifying a front load engine and if possible having someone help me with the carb plumbing. I have pics but haven't figured out how to post them yet.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I can see them. That certainly is a different looking engine system.
I have not seen a friction drive that uses a 90* bevel gear system.

I can't really see the carb very well. The pictures are small.
You could try using photobucket.com for posting pictures. You can make them as big as you want to and just link to the pictures.

Does the carb and fuel tank have 2 fuel lines?
is there a fuel primer bulb somewhere on the engine?
If so, one line feeds the carb and one is a return to fuel tank.
The feed line needs a fuel filter which typically is a weighted unit that fits onto the end of the fuel hose inside the fuel tank. It rests on the bottom of the tank.
The return line typically goes into the fuel tank about 1 inch or so.

raiderfanz1

Jul 31, 2012
OC
Yes GearNut, the tank has two hoses and I figured out which is which. The question is the carb, it has two small dia tubes and a larger one. I assume the the larger dia is the overflow. The other two, are similar in dia and one is on the left and one on the right. The left side is horizontal to intake while the left is vertical as the larger one. Theres also some sort of manifold on the back side of the engine, with same dia tubes with two arrows pointing in opposite directions.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
All of the following is pure speculation based on previous experiences.
The arrows pointing in opposite directions would indicate to me the direction of fuel flow, in and out.
The larger hose could be for a vacuum pulse from the crankcase to power a diaphragm style pump. Is there a similar sized barb somewhere on the crankcase?

Can you do closeup pics of said hoses, barbs and arrows? Perhaps more detailed pics just of the carb from different angles?
I hate to recommend things while "feeling around in the dark".