engine noob 80cc

GoldenMotor.com

Bernie

Jun 19, 2012
earth
Ok so I cant find the threads about what to do to my new engine before I install it for the life of me. Dont want to mess things up so if you have the links could you post them for me thanks.

I bought two engine kits at the local motorcycle store here in town. They are the kits from bike to moped kit. When I bought them I asked about replacing the bearings and what not so I can have some piece of mind about this thing running and not breaking down as soon as I get to where I am going and have to pedal back.

So he tells me after a minute that the engines that they order for their store is specifically built with the "Better China bearings". Well just wanted to ask how much better are we talking about? They didnt have the better bearings anyways. And I didnt buy any and I have not boughten and new wrist pin either. I might take a snow day and do a tear down in the off season and replace them but for now going to go with the originals I suppose.

A few of my friends said install it and run it, me I dont think so.

I read some posts and I thought I could find the ones I liked again but haven't yet and I cant remember how far I am tearing into this thing.

Will I need a gear puller? I dont have one. Can I get by and just pry and wiggle? Is there a special name for it. Small? I can get a big one for a car but it looks to big for what I want to do. Can I get one at harbor freight or a tractor supply??

If I remember right I need to mill the head and jug. Do I need to mill the bottom of the jug and casing to???

Do I need to get into it and grease those fifty or so bearings in the clutch plate area? Is there a trick to it or just dont lose any bearings? Like is it spring loaded and as soon as I get the bolt off or whatever it is will they go flying.

Since it is apart should I get in there with some sandpaper and clean up my intake and exhaust ports? Do's and don'ts there.

I cant think of anything else right now.

I want to get it running stock and later replace the intake manifold with a nice shiny one (Pirates)and the carb. Which I read will be a nt carb as that is the better carb right?

As far as that intake manifold goes. I will have to get the one tapped for a boost bottle. Which brings me to should I get a boost bottle for my build up?-Later on. I suppose that is a side question.

I have on order, new motor mount studs, intake and exhaust studs, gaskets and gasket making material. Ngk spark plug #6. Buckle bar and new bearing for it. All new nuts for it.

Am I missing anything?

So if you made it this far can we talk locktite for a minute?

I ordered a new hex head bolt kit.
Do I locktite the intake and exhaust bolts?
Do I locktite the head bolts?
If so how would I get them off again? The only way I know how is heat it up but I dont want to damage my motors paint doing so.

Sorry about it being long. Going to be jumping on this soon and get it running.
Thanks.

Bernie

Jun 19, 2012
earth
Yeah it is a stinger

I just remembered I was messing with him about that big sticker and he asked me if I wanted one and I said no.