Land of the free, home of the brave

GoldenMotor.com

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida
I saw a picture of President Obama sitting in the seat Rosa Parks sat in and I thought about her.

She thought she had the right to keep her seat and had to be brave enough to stand up for that right.

She was in the minority on the bus and that makes it harder I guess.

I have the legal right in Florida to use the local roads to get from point a to point b on my electric trike and I do enjoy my right to do that.

I get off the road if cars back up behind me and cars are coming the other way making it hard to pass me.

I get off the road if a big truck, school bus or rv is coming behind me too.

If nothing is coming on the left lane, all clear, I expect them to pass me and I stay to the right.

About once a week someone will pull right up behind me and lay on the horn and not pass even though no one is coming the other way.

I stay in my lane because I think it is my right.

Yesterday it happened and people that were behind her started honking too !

Then a pickup behind her made a move and passed us both.

Then she raced around me and the other cars passed me.

The last car to pass was a real nice Cad suv. He gave me all of 2 inches.

No cars were coming in the other lane.

Why do these people want to waste their time trying to scare me ?

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Well, I think I saw something in there about 'expect them'.

In a contest, based solely upon weight difference and potential for harm, it is my opinion that defensive tactics are required.

Expectations about any other contestant for the space could be a fatal flaw.

And, Yes, I've lost that contest a number of times, over the years.

Good luck
rc

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida
Well, I think I saw something in there about 'expect them'.

In a contest, based solely upon weight difference and potential for harm, it is my opinion that defensive tactics are required.

Expectations about any other contestant for the space could be a fatal flaw.

And, Yes, I've lost that contest a number of times, over the years.

Good luck
rc
Right ? Were those people thugs ? Why drive to risk the life of another for no reason ?

People are strange when you're a stranger ?

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
they are not trying to scare you.
don't take it personal.
i'm only quoting from memory but, somewhere in the motorcycle handbook it says,"if someone is following you too close. don't speed up. slow down." in fact it doesn't only force them to pass you sooner but it is easier for them to pass you.

expect that drivers don't see you anyway.
it has kept me safe on varous 2 wheels for over 25 years of riding.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
they are not trying to scare you.
don't take it personal.
i'm only quoting from memory but, somewhere in the motorcycle handbook it says,"if someone is following you too close. don't speed up. slow down." in fact it doesn't only force them to pass you sooner but it is easier for them to pass you.

expect that drivers don't see you anyway.
it has kept me safe on varous 2 wheels for over 25 years of riding.
That's another way of saying "Ride as if you're invisible". It's good advice.

Tom

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
That's another way of saying "Ride as if you're invisible". It's good advice.

Tom
yea thats it! thanx tom. in the last 3 days i have had about 8 hours sleep.

my superviser has been trying to screw me over & it has come to a head. today she might have relized that everytime she tried to screw me over i was really putting her in a position where there was wittnesses & cameras.

remember kids, when writing on a peice of paper that states right on it that it is a legal document, not to libel someone in a place full of cameras w/ a room full of people behind the those cameras.

i know off topic but it is the "tavern".

motortriker

Mar 5, 2012
florida
This is what I came up with.

My wife said they were afraid to pass because I weave too much and start honking to get me off the road so they don't kill me ! :)

Hey I am dodging stuff ! :)

So when ever someone gets behind me and does not pass even though all clear I get off the road.

It's easy to do and I take a little break and get going when all is clear.

I have never passed an electric trike going down the road.

Heck, I have never seen an electric trike going down the road except mine.

Way out numbered. :)

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
This is what I came up with.

My wife said they were afraid to pass because I weave too much and start honking to get me off the road so they don't kill me ! :)

Hey I am dodging stuff ! :) ...
I know how that goes. On the east side of "Naptown" I used to live on streets where they would never send a street sweeper. There was all kinds of junk in the road. I went through about two tire repair kits from all the flats my van would get. And that's even when I was weaving and dodging as best I could. Screws, nails, rusty metal, old recoil springs from handguns (rough neighborhood), you name it, it was laying in the street, and had been there for some time. I would never ride my MB there. Come to think of it, I don't feel a need to go back over there in any vehicle.

Grongebis

May 8, 2012
Dayton Ohio
People do it without even meaning to. They feel that they are "bigger faster and more powerful", so that equates to "more important and inconvenienced". I believe all this happens subconsciously, without even missing a beat while singing along to the new Rhianna song. In other words, people are jerks without even trying.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
I saw a picture of President Obama sitting in the seat Rosa Parks sat in and I thought about her.

She thought she had the right to keep her seat and had to be brave enough to stand up for that right.

She was in the minority on the bus and that makes it harder I guess.

I have the legal right in Florida to use the local roads to get from point a to point b on my electric trike and I do enjoy my right to do that.

I get off the road if cars back up behind me and cars are coming the other way making it hard to pass me.

I get off the road if a big truck, school bus or rv is coming behind me too.

If nothing is coming on the left lane, all clear, I expect them to pass me and I stay to the right.

About once a week someone will pull right up behind me and lay on the horn and not pass even though no one is coming the other way.

I stay in my lane because I think it is my right.

Yesterday it happened and people that were behind her started honking too !

Then a pickup behind her made a move and passed us both.

Then she raced around me and the other cars passed me.

The last car to pass was a real nice Cad suv. He gave me all of 2 inches.

No cars were coming in the other lane.

Why do these people want to waste their time trying to scare me ?
I carry a small straw and a shard of porcelian for people like that