Advice on selling...

GoldenMotor.com

dcsnow44

Jun 9, 2010
Alberta, Canda
Hey there I built my bike about a month and a half ago, I have approximately 220$ into it, i put it up in my local classifieds asking 300$ for it. Some guy replied saying he wanted it right away at that price, but I did not want to sell it right away, should I ask for more since he wants it right now and I wasn't looking to sell it for yet another month? Just thought you guys would be the greatest help, I'm thinking this is a good deal since most of you claim to not even be able to get your money's worth out of it.

walander

Aug 27, 2010
ID
id jump on it to for $300, I sell my basic cranbrook bikes for about $450 and I sell about 5 a month at that price, I make it a habit to buy any motorized bike I see listed if its under $400 because I know I can sell it for more. I dont know what kind of bike or motor you have, but some people just cant seem to sell em, depends on where your located. If its a nice cruiser or a really nice looking bike, may want to hold out, if its a mountain bike, sell now, no one wants motorized mountain bikes.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i don't understand...

you advertised it, found a buyer who'll meet your price, but you're not ready to sell it, so now you wanna jack up the price?

that's a very interesting business plan you've got going for yourself...:)

John the Chimp

Jun 4, 2011
Simi valley ca
Sounds like bait and switch. Witch is not leagle in the USA. If you advertized it for one price. You really should sell it for that. If you werent ready to sell you shouldnt have posted it. Just sounds fishy to me.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
i don't understand...

you advertised it, found a buyer who'll meet your price, but you're not ready to sell it, so now you wanna jack up the price?

that's a very interesting business plan you've got going for yourself...:)
Sounds like bait and switch. Witch is not leagle in the USA. If you advertized it for one price. You really should sell it for that. If you werent ready to sell you shouldnt have posted it. Just sounds fishy to me.
I concur on both counts! :rolleyes:

dcsnow44

Jun 9, 2010
Alberta, Canda
What you guys say is true, I guess I am just reluctant to part ways with it. But I will likely take the loss, because my bike is illegal here in canada and I don't wanna risk it anymore, therefore I'd be plenty happy selling it for a bit more then what I have into it. Thanks for knocking some sense into me :p