Best place to buy a 66cc engine w/o the kit + trade-in?

GoldenMotor.com

onanysunday

Apr 21, 2011
St. Paul
I'm looking for a new 66cc engine to replace one that seized up >(66 RAW engine). I just want the engine because I already have the rest of the kit installed and everything else already works perfectly. Also, I heard something about core trade-in? They buy back your old engine and give you a break on the price of a new one? Who does this? What is their name and how much would it cost to just replace an engine? Also, I want the most powerful 66 cc engine and am not sure if they all have exactly the same specs regardless of where you buy. Some vendors say it is a 2.5 horsepower 66 cc engine, while other sites claim it is 4-5 HP. Well, who sells the most powerful one at the best price and how much does it cost (for just the engine with an engine trade-in)? Thanks. I hope to be back on the road very soon as I have a performance Jaguar CDI/coil setup being mailed right now that I hope to install on this new engine.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I don't know of any company that actively solicits trading in a core for a discount.
Maybe some of the companies are doing it on a case by case basis.
I think you should keep your old engine, for spare parts, or else, you can rebuild it and learn a lot along the way.