Free Bikes/Come to you!!

GoldenMotor.com

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Hi,Gang.I don't know if anybody has ever suggested this before in this group?
When I'm looking to build a project I have sometimes made up a sandwich board and placed it at the end of my driveway.For instance Bicycles"Wanted dead or alive"and you wouldn't believe the bikes I've gotten from doing this and they drop them off for free!! I take them all as many have good parts that can be stripped for parts.The junkers I take to the dump.Try it you'll be amazed at what shows up!!Here's some of my score's.Kip.
[email protected]

Attachments

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
haha, I used to do that with lawn mowers, people would drop off 'what they thought were junkers' and I'd fix'em up and resell, heh heh. Its surprising that people dont' realize they have to change oil, lmao...

That's a good biz for pickin' off peeps that don't know what their doing. especially if you offer to pick up the 'junkers' before they try to scrap them.

haha, offer a local pickup, and you'll get all kinds of parts.

Y'all should think of doing that locally if you have wheels... You'll never know what you'll find.

I'm not saying scam'em, just if they don't know what they're giving away, if they don't research that's their fault...

gl.

Last edited:

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Some people just wanna get rid of an old bike without going through the hassel of selling it when they will probley only get $20 anyway. If I droped off a bike somewhere id be happy to know some of the parts where getting used, insted of melted down.