My Cruiser motorized bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

ncsubiker

Sep 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Havent gotten the engine in yet, but this is what I am starting with....

Will post more build and finished product pictures as the build progresses!!!!dnut

oh, forgot to mention I picked this up for $30!!!!

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
Re: My Cruiser MB

Welcome to the forum,, I'm a newbie also, sweet ride for 30 bucks!!? Someone must of wanted to get it out of their garage huh? Well keep us posted we love to see how it turns out. I'm partial to the cruisers with all the goodies, fenders, springer front forks, cool chrome parts. Which type of motor are you thinking about 2 stroke or 4 ? xct2

ncsubiker

Sep 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC

I have the new 2010 Grubee Skyhawk motor ordered. Comes with the CNS carb for free. Used the coupon on this site and got $35 off my order! I will definatley keep you up to date, parts should come in mid next week.

Owner of the bike was moving overseas and could not take the bike so I ended up with it. It is a JB California custom cruiser. I have never heard of one before but the quality is very good, I was impressed.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

That is a sweet deal for $30, looks like it was never even used. Good luck on your build I cant wait to see how it turns out.

ncsubiker

Sep 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC

That is a sweet deal for $30, looks like it was never even used. Good luck on your build I cant wait to see how it turns out.
Thanks! Yeah the owner said he put around 50 miles or so on it. It looks almost brand new!!! I will be posting pictures of the build as I go, now if only the parts will hurry up and get here!!!!:-||

RocknRoadPirate22

Aug 2, 2010
Los Angeles

Those handlebars are awesome!
When you're putting the sprocket on make sure the chain clears the ballon tires. I had to space mine out to clear the 2.125 tire. I've only installed and removed it about 15 times now. Still haven't gotten it all back together yet...

ncsubiker

Sep 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC

Those handlebars are awesome!
When you're putting the sprocket on make sure the chain clears the ballon tires. I had to space mine out to clear the 2.125 tire.
Haha, Im glad you like them, they started out as the regular cruiser bars, but with some careful bends thats what I ended up with.
And thanks for the tip!, I will keep an eye out for the clearance on the install. Hopefully I will not have to change tires I really like the big white walls. But if it rubs much I will make the switch.

WdSjw

Sep 7, 2010
CA

That's a really sweet cruiser. I don't know if this is a good thing to do or not, but in order for me to keep my big fat chain from rubbing my tires and my frame I replaced the big fat chain with a regular bicycle chain.

ncsubiker

Sep 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC

Got her together and finished! Man what a ride, switched to the NGK BPR6HIX plug and it made a difference in idle and low end pull. Took a ton of modifications to get it to fit in this frame, but I got it done! Had some trouble with Gasbike.net though, didnt send me a fuel line, missing nuts and bolts, and the wrong engine color....I think I kinda like the silver though.

Now just gotta try and keep her below 20mph for break in...xct2