Installing a high performance plug wire onto CDI.

GoldenMotor.com

saabengineer

Aug 11, 2010
Washinton
I bought a 2010 66cc Grubee engine kit to find the spark plug boot is worthless. I am buying a high performance plug wire from sick bike parts and have no idea how to install it. My CDI is from the Grubee kit. Can this plug go on my CDI and if so how do I install it? Do I just pull the old plug wire out of the CDI box?

This is the part I want to buy:
Sick Bike Parts

This is my kit:
GRUBEE 2010 SkyHawk GT2B 66c/80cc Slant Head (Black Finish) Bike Engine Kit - Gas Bike Motor Kit

Thank you all for any help and info!

saabengineer

Aug 11, 2010
Washinton
I just unscrewed the plug successfully. I feel pretty lame now! Has anyone tried this plug wire before? Or maybe have gone to an auto shop and picked one up similar to this?

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i replace all of mine with a 7mm copper core, non-resistance wire, new boot, crimp, and an NGK plug.

the plugs i use are the NGK BP7HS. it's a colder heat range and a longer reach than the B6HS than most people use, just 'cause i ride my bikes hot and hard.

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
PM me your address and I'll mail you a wire from NAPA. They made me buy a whole kit for a 4-cylinder engine and I have many spares...

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
PM me your address and I'll mail you a wire from NAPA. They made me buy a whole kit for a 4-cylinder engine and I have many spares...
When I first started driving you had to make up you own wire harness...Bought the wire by the foot, and what connections you wanted, put them together. Oh those were the days. I find that these not only work the best, but last the longest. Found on many lawnmowers. Check any repair shop. I pulled mine off old mowers.

Last edited: