What the ****

GoldenMotor.com

smileymale

Jul 18, 2010
oshawa
Ok i left my bike outside it was running great and when i was inside it rained for a while i came back out and now the dam thing wont even turn over any suggestions???

demac

Mar 8, 2010
Canada, Ontario, Brampton
this has happend to me many times. first check if you have spark; take out plug attach wire/boot and hold to the head. see if spark is visible, if not you could have gotten the magnito wet and that might of ruined it. but id re-wire and dry every part before you start it.

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
Is it possible that the air filter is wet? Might not be a problem with the stock carbs, but the CNS carb, or any K&n style air filter would be sensitive to that.

smileymale

Jul 18, 2010
oshawa
well not sure what the problem is but when i took a look at the plug i noticed my plug cap is broken can i replace it with any cap?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
well not sure what the problem is but when i took a look at the plug i noticed my plug cap is broken can i replace it with any cap?
Yes, in fact it is a good idea. Any auto parts store can provide you with a good automotive quality sparkplug boot. The kit supplied ones require that you removed the cap from the end of the plug...good ones do not. If you have the tools and skills solder the wire to the metal contacts in the new boot. That will assure you of a good high voltage connection.
As for getting wet; rain and electrical things never get along well. Dry all of the components, CDI, plug wire, splices that you made during the installation and if it was a lot of rain you might want to check the magneto inside the left engine cover. A little squirt of WD-40 will help...just don't over do it. Get back to us with what you find or if things don't work out for you.
Tom

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
you could have watter in your carb causing the gas to be watered down, I would drain the carb. to check if your spark plug is sparking take your spark plug out of the motor, then connect it to the spark plug boot, lay the spark plug on top of the motor then push your bike(4-5 feet) and look at the plug it should have a unmistakable blue/white spark,or you can hold the spark plug while connected and if you feel a shock you have spark, I use the first technique but to each there own, the bike will be easy to push cause there will be no compression on the motor