swap n top

GoldenMotor.com

good vibrations

Mar 30, 2010
denva, calarada
Want some opinions on wether the top end from my dax 80 will go on a new dax 50. It's too late to call Duanne and ask him. Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd...........................Go!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Rod stroke and piston is different I think there might be 3 or 4 different configs of these pigs out there? Don't really know? I know there is a piston with the wrist pin up higher, and one with it lower. I also have heard talk about pistons out there that were not dome shaped. Wish I could tell you more.

I just bailed a buddy out of a bind we overhauled a dax jug to a zoom bottom [I think it was] by the time we got done the jug had to be shimmed with a small about 1/4 inch block of aluminum at the bottom of the jug to pull it off. It ran just like the old motor nothing spectacular we had to shim it to get the ports re timed where they belonged.

He got the old one singing too much around 7000 rpm's or better and took out the wrist bearing. A weak spot on these pigs. I wish they would bring back the brass bushings. I am still holding on to one of those:D