Upgraded fuel tank- $88.24

GoldenMotor.com

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
Pagsta Gas Tanks

After gathering info here and poking around the internet and biding on (and losing) a few small motorcycle tanks on eBay, I found a great tank for my bike. (These are not my tanks and I am not getting anything out if promoting them. I am just passing along the info.)

Check out Pagsta gas tanks on eBay-
PAGSTA MINI CHOPPER MOTORCYCLE CUSTOM GAS FUEL TANK:eBay Motors (item 350240175537 end time Nov-12-09 10:45:17 PST)
They are metal tanks and have a nice decal and good paint on them. After researching Mini Chopper on the Pagsta website I believe these are 6 liters tanks or 1.58 gallons. The tank is a steal at $25 but the catch is that they don’t come with a fuel cap or petcock. The seller provides the links to find the right parts that fit. I bought my petcock and gas cap using those links and they are a perfect match. Having a good looking locking gas cap for your tank is a definite plus.

For the petcock-
moped & motorcycle petcock LAZER GENERAL HONDA MB50:eBay Motors (item 380137886995 end time Nov-06-09 09:41:41 PST)
and the gas cap-
Ignition Switch/Gas Cap/Lock Key for Honda Rebel/Magna:eBay Motors (item 230384777072 end time Nov-03-09 19:55:40 PST)

All these items are “buy it now” listings that save you bidding headaches. With shipping you can have a complete tank for $88.24 I strongly recommend these links instead of trying to find anything at your local Honda dealer. I walked in with the tank in hand and figured they would dig around for a while and find things that would fit. They just gave me blank look and said they really don’t keep many parts in stock. The parts guy said that they just look up the model and year and order everything. If it’s not a not from the Honda factory with a model number and year, you aren’t going to find it.

At first glance the tank may seem a little large for a bike, it is fat but it’s not overly tall. With the tank’s high tunnel lowered down on your frame it has a factory installed look. Mounting the front of the tank is a breeze. Just buy the proper sized muffler clamp for your frame and mount it with the bolts facing up. Bend a piece of scrap metal into a right angle “U” shape. Bolt the scrap piece on to the clamp and drill holes through the upturned scrap legs matching up with the mounting holes on the bottom front of the tank. The rear of the tank has a flared mounting piece that you will want to narrow it down the size of your frame. With a little work with a hacksaw and dremel tool you can get it down to the right size. There is a large pre-made mounting hole at the back of the tank that I suppose you could put a screw through and mount with a big washer to the frame. I took the easy way out and used a hose clamp to hold it to the frame. The tank is mounted rock solid and I bet you could carry the bike around by the tank.

Here are the pictures-
Pagsta Tank Side View
Pagsta Tank Top View
Front Mounting
Better Photo

More than I planned on spending, $88.24, but I'm glad I bought it..shft.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Prof,
That is a good looking tank, but a little pricey for me. Most large cities will have a motorcycle junk, (salvage) yard. I found a nice Yamaha tank from an 80cc dirt bike for $7.00. The cap and petcock were on it. Not trying to bust your bubble but just suggesting that there are cheaper alternatives. Too bad this guy doesn't supply the necessary accessories to his tanks for that price. Post some pictures of your finished tank install for us. I'll pass this on to a friend who has an occ chopper. Your tank would look great on it.
Tom

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
Yeah. I agree, that it is kinda pricey. I hadn’t planned on spending that much until the third time I was out bid on other tanks at the last minute. I came across these and just hit “Buy It Now.” At 40 bucks I felt I got a great deal till I spent two weeks trying to find parts locally. I just bit the bullet and –poof!- $48.24 disappeared. At that point I was just happy to have the right part. Oh well. Maybe no photos today, it’s raining here so I will have to see how the camera does I a poorly lit garage.