4 stroke with nt help please

GoldenMotor.com

sissytrikerider

Jun 25, 2011
buffalo
Ok as an update. Ive played with some gearing. Leaving the sbp shift kit almost completly stock. I went the direction of changing finial drive ratios, sprocket on the inside of the crank(there are 2, the smaller one should be turning the sprocket on the hub). I went this route for a few reasons, mostly simpileification. Only one chain to lenghten, shorten and no additional engine adjustments to mess with. So i ordered a couple chains, and a rear 25t sprocket from ebay and got a 21t rear from the local shop.

The 25t will not work after i recieved it . Good place to mention i love ordering online, it was only $6 but i have a lot of useless $6 parts lol.

So moving foward, i put the 21t on the rear, new chain, performed ok, a hit higher top speed but still not needing a gear change as it actually slows me down. BUT BETTER....hmmmmmm
Retool and try a larger 40t on the crank rear drive side in combo with the 21t rear. Back to a slug as previous.
Retool drop the front sprocket down to a 24t and leaving the rear 21t. Test ride and this is where it should be(well darn close). I only went on a short ride because im tending a smoker today(pork butt). Take off seemed ok, didnt max out first gear but did try a change and it seemed to handle it, still wanted to gain speed.
From hear i plan to find a 24t rear sprocket for my st. Arc. Hub and have a even happier throtle. Im looking to run out of throttle in first just as with any gearing operation.
Im still not happy with the carb tuning and can not get wot, as it bogs. Patients patients patients and more patients.shft.