Can I put a motor on a Peugot "City Express" c. 1992? (Newbie)

GoldenMotor.com

markus80906

Apr 22, 2009
Colorado
If anyone has done this w/success or failure, would appreciate any response. This is a heavy bike to begin with, but the quality and comfort of this old classic is great...

Also, I plan on peddling 99% of the time, and only using the motor to get up my gradual, yet torturous 1 mile hill back home, after a 30+ mile ride up the trail and back, it's a real turnoff. That doesn't sound like much, but I'm 47, and that last mile has pushed me to considering this interesting option (and kept the bike where it don't belong, in the garage). Thanks..

Last edited:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
If it is a standard road bike frame the engine will almost certainly fit. Read through the classic posts section and you will probably learn everything you need to know about basic installation.

Please consider that you will be adding 20 pounds and some peddling resistance to the bike. It is a fun hobby but the kits only make the bike easier when the engine is running. Just remember you have to get 3 posts logged before you can link anything. It is annoying but necessary.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hmmm.... was looking online had trouble finding a pic of one.

Click on the pic below, it will have the dimensions you need for the in frame two-stroke kit.

And you could always go with a front friction drive or rear rack chain or friction drive as well.

Attachments

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Like fairracing31 mentioned,friction drive would be the easiest option.

No need to match sprocket to rear wheel, and disengagement is as simple as raising the engine assembly.

Since you pedal 99% of , a 1" roller and 35cc Robin/Subaru would work well..rd.