Disguising Engines. Any Ideas

GoldenMotor.com

graucho

Feb 21, 2008
Minnesota
The only way you wont get busted is if the police are deaf and dumb. ? Think about it, if your sitting there at idle in a car with the windows down you can hear a motorcycle or a moped coming from afar. I think the only chance (because of the noise factor) is what others have stated. E-bike with the battery discuised and pedaling along with it. Good luck to you in what ever you decide.

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
HEY POPS!!! i am in penticton b.c. in the southern interior. Yesterday a policeman pulled me over--i have an 80cc with an expansion chamber i had the stinger off and wow it pops!! the cop said you need to muffle it because the lady at the crosswalk had her hands over her ears--i pulled the stinger out of my pocket and said the noise makes it safer--he said thats what the harley guy says but i better muffle it i said ok--he looked the bike over and spent a half hour and thought the idea cool--i am 62--he said you have a helmet a light a bright coat and you signalled--you are doing everything right have a great day ( he also said i am not familiar with the rules on these) hope he is as nice next time !!!

Attachments

Last edited:

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
Very cool Robin
Let's hope they all don't know the law there.
Here the SNARLIES don't have much to do.
They harass the street people,And are anil
about parking and then down right nasty about
bikes and the bike trails. Lots of THEM on bikes
here and maybe they are envious because they
have to peddle. They will go after a guy on a bike
like he just robbed a bank if he isn't wearing a helmet.
Almost wish there was more crime here so they would
have something to do instead of hassling people like us.
Im in my 50s and I would not go ripping up the streets
either but I think the problem is tourists rent mopeds
here and ridem like they stolem, then there gone as soon
as the ship leaves.I won't take the chance here. Thats
why I'm building a couple of ICE rock hoppers for Mumzie
and me to scoot around on the mountain and electrics
for down in town...POPSbrnot

TheOtherStyle

Mar 27, 2009
SE WI
since i'm gonna be doing my setup on a rack over the back tire, with fuel on one side and storage on the other, i'll just get an old toolbox and drill a lot of holes, and use that to cover the motor, on the sides i'll just make or buy some cheap hardbags that cover the sides. i'm also planning on getting a rack for the front, so who is to know on a mere visual what i got....

POPS

Sep 8, 2008
Vancouver Island BC .Canada
Hey Robin
We are about 25K north of Victoria on the #1 hiway(Trans Canada) which is the only hiway that goes up the island all the way to the northern tip. About a 9 hour drive. We are on top of the Malahat mountain. 750 feet above sea level. Where are you ? Right in town? I haven't been there in 25+ years. I would not even recognize the place, I'm shure. The weather up here can be crappy at times(snow), but the rent is cheep compared to VIC. Half price or even less for a log 2 story house, About1700 sq. ft. and 2 bays in a three bay 900 sq ft shop(landlord kept 1 stall) all on 17 treed acres. 1650 mo. We sold our house about 3 years ago in Alberta just before prices doubled. Go figure, and we didn't even have enough CAKE for a down payment here to make it feasable...POPS