Raiders moving to San Antonio?

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I was visiting San Francisco on Friday and Saturday and never heard a peep about this shocker to the Raider Nation.
-The thought of such a storied sports franchise moving out of Oakland is a little unsettling. Does Mark Davis know how flippin hot it is in San Antonio in August?
-Texas is already a football crazy state. When they built the new high school near me, the football stadium was ready for use long before construction on the class rooms began. There is no doubt that San Antonio offers an enthusiastic body of fans.
-Is this just a formality by the Raiders org to get a new stadium built in Oakland, or are they seriously considering moving to the sun belt?
I have mixed feelings about it.
https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-...alks-to-san-antonio-about-move-232336327.html

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I've got a die-hard Raider fan buddy that lives in Oakland ---- he would come unhinged if this actually happens.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I would consider most die-hard Raider fans a bit unhinged before the news about San Antonio broke.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
That's actually pretty close to his 'wardrobe'....:D

I wonder if this stuff will flood the garage sale market.....

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Ahhh... Football starts next weekend, good, I'm sick of baseball.

Teams moving to another city is sometimes a good thing I think, especially if they suck, it breaths new life into an organization and fills the stands which in turn makes the revenue to pay for high dollar athletes.

When the Cardinal's moved to Phoenix this town went wild.

Talk about a storied history...

The Cardinals, founded in 1898 and a charter member of the National Football League, hold the distinction of being the oldest continuously run professional football franchise in the nation.

The Early Days
The team boasts a colorful history! Its fans have known the club as the Arizona Cardinals, Phoenix Cardinals, St. Louis Cardinals, Chicago Cardinals, Racine Cardinals, the Normals, and the Morgan Athletic Club.

They sucked for years playing at ASU's open stadium with metal bleacher seating.

When we finally made it to the superbowl and lost a squeaker to the Steelers, we built them a new home.

St. Louis wasn't pissed for to long, they got the Ram's.
L.A. couldn't care less, they have the Charger's, 49ers, and Raiders, so what if the Raiders move?

All I know is the super bowl this year is in Cardinal's stadium and the Card's will win it at home ;-}

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
If the Raiders do move to Texas, what will the management tell all those fanatical Raider fans?
-"Don't be angry about the move. It was a business decision".
-I'm sure they wont riot.