dirt diving desert dweller

GoldenMotor.com

ironknight

Jul 26, 2014
quartzsite az
f n g here, I hope ya'll have a LOT of patience..

I am just getting started in this sport of motorized bikes and I realize that I know nothing about it, so I hope that you have a lot of patience, since I have a lot of question's---im still figuring out the proper names of all the components that are entailed in the construction of said vehicle,,,

I LOVE the fact that there is NO pay out to the MAN, for the privilege of operating my little scoot about...
im not so much interested in the need for SPEED, just for easy riding and reliability !
I live OFF the GRID as much as possible and as GREEN as practical, waaay out in the boonies of bfe az....xx..

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Quartzite is an interesting place. A small town in the summer that can grow to almost a million guests in winter.

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi and welcome Ironknight, interesting name, fits right in with MB's. You came to the right place. I'm a newbie myself but I can honestly say this forum is one of the best. The members here help all the time. Warning though they are disciplined and well lets just say listen carefully. The elite members are tough but provide a lot of excellent information. Kind of remind me of drill instructors on Paris Island lolol. No disrespect guys some of the best years of my life was spent in the USMC. Anyways. be clear about your questions and provide pictures pictures and more pictures. Lots of them use sites like Photo Bucket, IMG and a few other image clouds. Most importantly have fun!
brnot

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
...I LOVE the fact that there is NO pay out to the MAN, for the privilege of operating my little scoot about...
im not so much interested in the need for SPEED, just for easy riding and reliability !
I live OFF the GRID as much as possible and as GREEN as practical, waaay out in the boonies of bfe az....xx..
lol welcome iron, your MB interests are not uncommon hereabouts - in fact they're a near parallel to mine ;)

The elite members... provide a lot of excellent information...
I wanted to say thanks Assemble, for your recommendations & tips - but also to mention that one should use caution, not judge content by title alone but rather by what the member has actually provided. We've skilled new members & novice "elites" alike lol, check this thread if you've a mo;

Advice about advice - member profile pages

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
BarelyAwake I here ya loud and clear. I come across any posts from elites or noobs that I'm sure are idiots I promise I'll make a post. Something like,"Wow I took this guys advise and look what happened -pics inserted here-". So no fear I'll keep an eye peeled o-0 for any sculdugery.
.duh.

Lightning Boy

Apr 19, 2014
Michigan
Welcome to the club, Ironknight! Best of luck with your build. There are plenty of good folks here to help you, if you do run into any troubles.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum ironknight, glad you joined us.

Me and my buddy use to drive down to Quartzsite and sell MB's to all the snowbirds.

ironknight

Jul 26, 2014
quartzsite az
I thank you ALL, for the warm welcome AND advise,-- there is something lost in the TYPED word, verses the SPOKEN one,-- this is where reading comprehension and correct punctuation comes in handy,-( I should have paid more attention in school) LOL.

WELL, after a year of perusing the forum's and a little thinking, (which is dangerous for me)
I have finally made the purchase of 4 bike engines (one a 212) and three 4 stroke kit's with the g2 frame, - I will post pix,pix,and more pix, as I go along,-- any and ALL advise as I build these, would be MUCH appreciated,,,OH, B T W, -- when I do decide to jump in to something, I GO IN BALL'S A' CLANGING....!