Work-dAy

GoldenMotor.com

Shouldbeachevy

Mar 3, 2014
Calgary
So who has the worst job???best job??? Easiest job??? Hardest job??? I think we all get the point...

... I'm gonna rate my job as the dusty-est job
I run a mini concrete batch plant for pouring gyp-crete floors ... I stand 6" from the mixer all day long and oooo it's dusty... Every time I start a mix I get a huge blast of dust and sand in my face( I make a mix every minute = 4 80lbs bags of gyp-crete and a bobcat bucket of sand)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I hope you're wearing protective gear. Sounds like a respirator would be required.

I have great job. NONE! I retired three years ago in October. Retirement is a wonderful way to make a living, in my opinion :)

Tom

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I'm a chihuahua wrangler too. The first bitcch we've had, and she's typically deviously female.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I don't think my job is the 'something-est' in any category. (Though it might be the sweetest job in my company. Out of about 300 people)

It's low stress. In a clean environment. I'm on my feet and do a lot of walking. So there's some exercise, but almost no 'hard' work.

My boss is in a nearby building. But I don't actually see him more than a few minutes a month. Most of our communication is by e-mail when I tell him about stuff that he ought to know about over on my end of things. We get along well. But I suppose we don't even need to do that, for no more contact than we have. There are a few other bigwigs closer to me. And they no doubt could make life hard. But they seem to choose not to.

Heck, they even feed me pretty darn well. Not every day. But maybe half the time. Close to it anyway.

My only worry is whether the gravy train will ever end.

They even gave me an enclosed and locked place to park my bike. I have a key. The Security dept is about the only other people who have a key. This place already existed for an entirely different reason. But it's still a good place for my bike.

The only problem I have with that is that I think they asked me to park there because they think my bike makes the place ''look shabby'. No one actually said that. But I think that's the reason.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
BGW, maybe even if that is so, could you use it as a place to work on it too? I mean if it is remote enough, they won't hear hammering and angle grinding going on... sort of kidding!

Hey I'm looking for work, I don't want you also doing the same unless it is a transition that keeps you employed as the change happens and it is what you desire.

MT

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I actually do work on it a bit in there. Nothing major, of course. Adjustments that came to my attention on the way into work. Stuff like that. I suppose I could even get away with hammering and angle-grinding and such. But while I feel no guilt about doing needed adjustments there, I wouldn't want to take advantage and start doing unnecessary work on company time.

Hope I didn't sound as though I really resented them making me park it out of sight. It's more like I'm a bit amused and think it's kinda silly.

But these folks are good to me and I make a good deal of effort to be good to them in return.

needtransportation

Mar 17, 2014
Knoxville
I might be the dustiest , im the biscuit maker for hardees (carls, star) and on a weekday make about 1500 every morning so I stay covered in flower from head to toe. Im actually a welder by trade but have some personal issues keeping me from working more than a few miles from home.