Anyone know anything about this Cressifuli trash pump?

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I am searching for any pertinent information on this piece of equipment. I had intended to use this motor for a trike build, but now I'd like to put this very handy tool back to work instead!

Cressifuli Pumps did't have anyone around who might know. I'm told by a local old timer that it'll suck rocks the size of softballs out of a river right along with the water. This particular one was in the fleet of a large rental company. They also have no info for me.

The pumps I find on the Intra-Web of comparable exit tube size, all have much larger engines attached. I have seen nothing comparable to this design. I'd like to know everything, from volume capacity, to where to get hoses for it, to how to operate it under varying conditions.

I thank you in advance for any help with this thing...

PIC 1: Rear view, with 'hood' attached to intake.
PIC 2: 'hood" removed.
PIC 3: Looking down into the "out" port, from the rear.
PIC 4: Side view, this thing has seen use, notice the patches.
PIC 5: Into the "in" port, that impeller is attached directly to the Tecumpseh drive shaft.

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sure wish I could help, Trey, but I can't. I wish you luck with your search however.
Interesting project to be sure. Especially if you want to suck rocks. :)

Seriously, what would you use it for?

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Having worked on many similar trash pumps over the years, I can state that one would not last long sucking baseball sized rocks into that all aluminum case....we used AR steel for case repairs and still had abrasion and impact damage from rocks and gravel. It would have the power to pull up chunks but it wouldn't last long running them through the impeller.
Should make a decent powerplant once removed from the pump.
every trash pump engine I have seen was a bear to get apart from the pump. The impellers tend to rust solid to the shaft and become very hard to pull off.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Having worked on many similar trash pumps over the years
I believe your the fella I need to talk to. There's discussion around my garage as to what you'd use this for. I'd irrigate with it. Others think it's for gold hunting, etc. The difference is only important to me because I believe different applications may take different (cheaper) hoses.
It will either be rented out to local farmers, or sold. Either way, I intend to make it operational. Can you give me guidance on this?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The ones I worked on were for the clay mining and processing industry used to drain dig sites and sometimes to pump slurry.The slurry pumps were usually HUGE 4cyl. pumps using 4" hose and cast iron piping and impellers. While your's is technically a trash pump, that alloy construction means you REALLY need to keep anything larger than marble size out of it with a good intake strainer.
You can use it for any water removal or pumping needs as long as you keep debris out if the innards. I'd guess it won't self prime judging by the large space around the impeller. You will have to prime it unless you use it right near the water.
I once built a PTO driven pump for a duck hunting club with a three foot stainless impeller and a TWO FOOT outlet. They wanted to use it to flood several hundred acres during duck season by pumping from the nearby river.The club told me they already had a good strainer so I never thought about it again...until they brought it back two days after delivery with the case cracked and the impeller taco'ed. Turns out they tried to use a chunk of expanded metal over the intake, and as soon as they fired the tractor, it sucked the mesh into the pipe and ran it through the impeller. Keep in mind this was heavy gauge x metal too!
The point to this ramble is to be SURE your strainer is strong enough to stand the suction. Your pump looks like a good size medium duty but that case will be expensive to repair. I also see previous repairs so take my advice and ignore the "trash pump" aspect and keep the intake as clean as you can. Your pump will thank you.
Use a good stiff inlet hose so it won't collapse under suction, and I always liked the cheap looking flimsy blue Goodyear outlet hose. It lays flat and is easy to move when not in use. Neither hose is cheap though, so be prepared for a shock and a new-found interest in scrounging when you go to buy some. If it will be a permanent installation, use heavy wall sch40 PVC for the plumbing.
If you want to sell it, get it running and contact your local Ducks Unlimited chapter for clubs in your area. Duck hunters are always looking for pumps to flood more area to hunt and clubs have PLENTY of money to spend.
If it were mine, I'd ask about $4-500 for it in working condition, and deal it down to $350 if they complain about the repairs.(5 minutes with a grinder and some paint and*POOF!* no repairs...)
I once worked at a shop here in TN that built well over $350k worth of pumps and blinds for a SINGLE rich local duck hunter in one year.
Ducks bought the fab shop owner LOTS of toys.

Or you could just yank the motor for a build and scrap the rest.
Your choice.

Last edited:

FFV8

Oct 29, 2013
Spring Valley NV
That is a "de-watering" pump, or dirty water pump.

It will not pump "rocks the size of softballs" - the weld repairs on the cast case are proof of that.

You should use a strainer like this on the suction side:
http://www.waterpumpsdirect.com/Apache-Hose-70002000/p4990.html?utm_source=google+shopping&utm_medium=shop+portals&utm_campaign=70002000&gclid=CLvh9dnqxbwCFYqPfgodGDEArA

Hard to scale the pic, but is the discharge about 4 inches?

Tecumseh engine. They made a 10hp engine in that frame size. Would be about right for a 4" low head pump.

Farmers in CO used to call those a "powered siphon". Ditch water lifted about three feet to a field at very high volume. Also great for emptying a full basement or swimming pool.

There are far better engines for bike builds than a Tecumseh that has been run hard with a 6 pound impeller on the shaft. I would clean it up, make sure it starts on the second pull & sell it to the first farmer with cash in his hand.