Shifter Kits

GoldenMotor.com

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
Check out this thread:
http://motorbicycling.com/f3/shifter-kit-www-sickbikeparts-com-2188-11.html

I have a shifter kit. It is a very good product. However, you might need to change your bottom brackets. It requires 127mm or longer bottom brackets. You might also find some difficulty in aligning the chain lines. Also, be careful not to loose the key locks, it can slip out if you don't locktite it. I lost one of mine. You also need to paint it, so roughen the surfaces first, use a primer then paint it over with the final finishing paint. Use a heavy duty BMX chain.
You should also have an adequate space between your rear wheel and your seatpost, or install a smaller rear wheel if you have disc brakes.

Before, my Motorized bicycle maxed out 25mph, now it can reach to 44mph in 6th gear.
Engine does not have power anymore after 6th gear. I'm using an 8 speed internal gear hub.There is substantial improvement in hill climbing ability.

Also, Paul is very nice and they give all the support to meet their customers' needs.

Last edited:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I have a shifter kit. It is a very good product. However, you might need to change your bottom brackets. It requires 127mm or longer bottom brackets. You might also find some difficulty in aligning the chain lines. Also, be careful not to loose the key locks, it can slip out if you don't locktite it. I lost one of mine. You also need to paint it, so roughen the surfaces first, use a primer then paint it over with the final finishing paint. Use a heavy duty BMX chain.
You should also have an adequate space between your rear wheel and your seatpost, or install a smaller rear wheel if you have disc brakes.
Thanks for the great comments. I can follow up on the above.

Indeed - you should be aware of what style BB (bottom bracket) your bike has. The kit is designed for a standard three piece BB, but will work with most any BB with the correct adaptation. We sell two styles of adapters for one piece, so that's no problem. Technocyclist's bike had a sealed cartridge style, hence his mention of needing a 127mm replacement.

The chain alignment is critical, but not difficult. We definitely recommend Loctite and filing flats on the jackshaft.

The new HD plates all come powder coated with primer now. HD chain is fine, but as long as your current chain is in good shape it will do OK. Spacing and other details are here: Requirements

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
My suggestion is to toss the cartridge style, for $10 you can get the bearing set to convert to the old 3 piece style. $10 seems cheap to eliminate some of the headaches not converting may cause.

22 degrees up here in Bellingham with about 8 inches of snow, fun drive to work this morning.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
I just got back from the post office and just sent a money order to sickbikeparts. I'm not too happy with our exchange rate, the kit cost me $262.00 but I guess there is no turning back now....
The thing is that if you were to price out all of the parts, $199.50 is not a bad deal but almost $300 Canadian is like a kick in the head.
It's sad to think that a few months ago, our dollars were about even.:-||

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2008
I just got back from the post office and just sent a money order to sickbikeparts. I'm not too happy with our exchange rate, the kit cost me $262.00 but I guess there is no turning back now....
The thing is that if you were to price out all of the parts, $199.50 is not a bad deal but almost $300 Canadian is like a kick in the head.
It's sad to think that a few months ago, our dollars were about even.:-||
Tell me about it!!! Kit cost me close to £180 thats 320.21 CAD / 262 USD but thats not pablo's fault thats shipping on top, the only thing im scared of is 15% import tax making it 301USD or
368.93CAD :crash: