Puch Bobber

GoldenMotor.com

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Well I am truly crazy because I just couldn't resist a Moped build that is fairly simple in design. I'm building a Puch Bobber that started out as a Murray moped that was made in the US based on the Puch tube frame (licensed by Puch) using a Puch E50 one speed 50cc engine.

This is what a stock Murray looks like

This is what I am basing my build on

Last edited:

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
The build will use a:
Murray frame
EBR magnum forks
Schwinn Sting Ray handlebars
Batavus tank
18" front wheel
16" rear wheel
Puch E50 engine 50cc single speed.

A quick mock up to see if the parts will work.

Cut the cross bar and notched it, just needs welding now

Then the only other major mod is to stretch the swing arm.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
The box? Where's the garage? The box is somewhere in the garage, but...:(

Tom
Locating the garage isn't too much of a problem Tom, but once inside it's a little like negotiating a Tomb Raider level only with traps made from bicycle parts instead of mysterious artifacts.
I blame the cats, they go in there looking for mice and when they can't find any they get spiteful and move stuff around. :D

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Never lost the garage yet, but have lost boxes with parts that aren't where I left them before. Trying to be better at not misplacing the boxes now, but it still happens.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
hi dracothered

following your build with keen interest!!!!

intrepid ---i do not have my class notes with me and should KNOW this but flux core has to be either positive or negative--help me dra-- grounded to weld properly!!!!!

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
So at what angle will the shocks not work like they are suppose to?

Here is a virtual mock up at the angle the would sit with the swing arm stretched like I need it to be.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I like what you're doing and am signing on to your thread. I have an ongoing project I hope to finish up by spring using the frame from an AMF Roadmaster moped mated up with a Suzuki K-10 fork and a two speed Tomos engine. What you're doing will transform that pedestrian, bland bike into something very cool. Moped parts are a great resource.
SB