Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand

Attachments

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Very, very cool, Intrepid W W

I've always had a bit of a longing for models of a few favorite cars. This is something along those lines.

Plus it's DIY.

Though I'll likely never get around to actually doing it, I'll find myself tempted.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
That is a fascinating site. I got lost in there. I have got to get fresh ink cartridges as soon as possible. And card stock. Maybe some glue. Have to find the Fiskers.

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Paper and card modelling is wonderful fun :)

It's cheap too so long as you get some refill kits for your printer cartridges. Be aware though that some modern printer brands like Brother have a no reuse construction that stops them from working again once they're empty. When I was still doing a lot of paper modelling I kept my eyes open for older model HP ink jet printers which have cartridges that can be refilled several times before they finally turn up their toes.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Paper and card modelling is wonderful fun :)

It's cheap too so long as you get some refill kits for your printer cartridges. Be aware though that some modern printer brands like Brother have a no reuse construction that stops them from working again once they're empty. When I was still doing a lot of paper modelling I kept my eyes open for older model HP ink jet printers which have cartridges that can be refilled several times before they finally turn up their toes.
That's what I scared up: an HP. ;) The ink is cheap; it's the cartridges that are expensive.