Whats up from Kentucky

GoldenMotor.com

Hayniac

Aug 12, 2013
Kentucky
So I guess Im here because of boredom and I found 6 old weedeater engines and 1 chainsaw engine in my shed. So what a better thing to do than strap them to a bicycle. Ive been doing some reading and researching but still really havnt found the answers Im looking for. I know I want a cruiser style bike to start with but I tjink I want gears to assist with take off, speed, and hills. I know its not going to be a sport bike by any means but I would like it to pull me aroind town fairly effortlesly and a little faster than walking pace. However most cruisers dont come with gears for cheap so is this possible with a single speed bike. Also I dont think I want a friction system. Ive looked through some of the sponsor links but trying to find detail of what said part is used for is pretty rare. So for what I have deacribed can someone point me in the right direction.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Friction drive is the simplest do-it-yourself build and can be added to almost any bike. There are many examples in our "DIY non-kit" sub-forum on this site. People have made friction engine mounts from steering stems, left over garage door opener parts and all kinds of things.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome aboard. I think Wheelbender pointed you in the right direction.

But, in any case, if you just look around here and read these threads you'll find more ideas than you know what to do with percolating in your mind.

It's fun. You'll enjoy it.