Tougher tires for M.B.s?

GoldenMotor.com

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Where would I find some tougher tires and tubes for MB?

Looked at Wal Mart etc. but they only seem to have tubes filled with Slime.

I'm looking for More puncture proof. Have 6 year old stockers and used to get flats from stickers even. (Weeds here.)

Was told of tube inserts like hard foam that replace regular air filled tubes?

Would like flat proof tires for longer rides.

26"x125 mountain bike.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Stickers, (The dreaded sand spurs).

A few years back I bought my boys some inner tubes, (It was either Wal-mart, or Target), that were really thick!

I can't remember what the packaging looked like, but they realy lasted.

I think they were just labeled as heavy duty?

Jim

jimmybking

Nov 10, 2008
ohio
I was at walmart the other day and they have new intertubes that dont take air. they are kind of sqishey but they are solid. I THINK they were called no more flats, and made by bell. Im going to get them as soon as I get another flat.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
I was at walmart the other day and they have new intertubes that dont take air. they are kind of sqishey but they are solid. I THINK they were called no more flats, and made by bell. Im going to get them as soon as I get another flat.
I would read these first:
http://motorbicycling.com/f11/no-more-nomoreflats-4596.html
http://motorbicycling.com/f3/flatless-tires-tubes-1123.html

Not only that, but just listening to others that have used them on regular bikes, they are really uncomfortable and handle poorly.

HOOKWORMRIDER1

May 21, 2008
Decatur Illinois
My local bike shop buddy mike told me to use heavy duty tubes that are 2 mm thick
and put about 6 ounces of slime in the front and back.In most cases all you will ever see is a little slime on the inside of your fender that will let you know you had a puncture.After going to this setup i have only had one flat and all it took to fix was a gas station air hose to charge the tire and a quick spin to seal the hole.They are quite a bit heaver but now that it's winter and i ride every day ( unless it snows or icy ) i dont have to worry about getting a flat,ever.

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Thanks to all who posted. I won't be using the no-flats.
That heavy duty 2mm tube sounds like a good answer. The Armadillos tires look great as well. Great options.
Sounds like anti-sand spurs to me!

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Walmart has the Bell self healing tubes that are very thick- the foam tubes will not hold the bead tight to the rim and will spin on the rim causing the tire to tear up, I like the Bell tubes.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Have Been Using A Kevlar Tire $14. And Slime Tube $8 On 2 49cc Friction Drives For 6 Months. No Flats. Sports Academy Has A Thin, Tuff Plastic-like Liner For $5-$6 That Looked Good To Me. If I Ever Have A Flat I Will Add The Liners. Ron

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
Hey
Well i think the
heavy duty tube you are talking bout are called thorn proof tubes. I use these and just a decent pair of rubber. and remember dont pump the tyres up to high because it makes it easier to get a puncture if they are rock solid.